Nervana provides "AI on demand". Businesses use our Nervana Cloud platform to create and deploy solutions that include natural language processing, image recognition, computer vision and other types of artificial intelligence. We specialize in "deep learning", which is the technology that powers Apple's Siri, Facebook face recognition, and Google's self-driving cars and AlphaGo. The space is white hot right now! A bit more about Nervana:
- Closed a $20M+ Series A round last year from DFJ, Allen & Company, and others.
- Offices in both San Diego and in the ultra-cool Playground space in Palo Alto.
- Current customers in industries such as agribusiness, financial services, health services, automotive, and the intelligence community.
Find out more about Nervana at www.nervanasys.com.
What you will be working on
- Building and operating our private and public cloud systems: provisioning and managing servers, streamlining code deployments, and ensuring services are highly available
- Helping improve our internal documentation and processes
- Implementing a robust monitoring system to tell us when things go wrong
- Fixing problems, and thinking critically about how to improve our stack as a result
- Working closely with internal teams to translate end-user and internal application requirements into reliable platforms and features
Who we are looking for
- 3+ years experience building and running cloud infrastructure
- Experience with distributed monitoring frameworks
- A knack for automation, especially with software like bash, Python, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Strong Linux configuration, performance tuning, and troubleshooting skills - knowing your way around strace, tcpdump, and the like
- Solid grasp of TCP/IP and routing, with a big plus for familiarity with OpenVPN, IPSec, and BGP
- Willingness to periodically roll up your sleeves and wrangle physical servers in the data center
- Well-versed in AWS services, like RDS, VPC, EBS, S3, EC2, Route53, and ELB
- Expertise with these--or similar--technologies: Docker, git, Flask, MySQL, RabbitMQ
- Bonus points for familiarity with high-performance computing systems: GPU-centric servers, RDMA
- Medical plans: Health, vision, dental
- Life insurance and 401k plans
- Flexible work schedule
- Great stock options
- Each engineer gets a top of the line Macbook Pro and access to the fastest GPU clusters
- Annual company retreat
- Small teams
- Fun office spaces with many toys!
- Our Palo Alto office is a part of Playground Global & our San Diego office is 10 minutes from beautiful beaches
- Free healthy snacks and beverages