Onfido’s purpose is to make it easier for people to prove their legal identities online. We verify your government ID and compare it against your facial biometrics, so you can easily access the services you want and need.
Onfido was founded in 2012. Our first aim was to make Onfido the best place to work – a place where our team looks forward to coming every day. Our second was to use technology to make a difference on a global scale.
Onfido’s vision is an open world where identity is the key to access. We verify the world’s identities using AI and biometrics. Our technology helps global businesses—like Revolut, Indiegogo and Allstate—onboard more users while driving down risk and fraud. And we’re also finding the answers for the future of identity, leading innovation initiatives with the Better Identity Coalition and the Fintech Delivery Panel. Our key investors include Microsoft and Salesforce.
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code
- React and Redux for frontend work
- Tensorflow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services
- AWS for underlying infrastructure
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Onfido Tech blog.
We’re looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to help us to build a robust and scalable infrastructure for our ID verification solution powered by Machine Learning. You'll join a talented DevOps team who are highly creative and passionate around new ways to improve our existing infrastructure. We work in an Agile environment where we are constantly learning and exchanging ideas.
As our DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Managing and improving our existing infrastructure
- Helping us build the next generation of our platform: we love Docker, CoreOS and Kubernetes, and we hope you do too!
- Streamlining and automating our deployment processes
- Work closely with our Security team to keep on top of potential threats/patches
- Support our engineers and product teams to improve overall scalability, stability and reliability
- Sharing your knowledge and experience to help us keep growing London’s best engineering team
- Here is our general DevOps blog
You will have some DevOps experience as well as the knowledge of:
- Strong Linux systems administration
- Good grasp of networking and security concepts/methodologies
- Production experience with AWS
- Good working knowledge with the following tools
- Familiarity with supporting production applications in the cloud
- Experienced in monitoring tools, frameworks and processes
- Scripting experience (Groovy, Bash, Python, Go)
- Any exposure to Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Other Hashicorp tools
- Any flavour of Kubernetes (EKS, GKE, AKS, kops)
- Strong interest in or experience with containerization
- Working experience with GitLab
- Splunk operational knowledge
Values and behaviours:
- Customer-centricity - You’ll focus on delighting our customers by helping build a game-changing product.
- Succeed Together - You’ll communicate persuasively at all organisational levels and be able to establish consensus and secure agreement. You’re a caring and supportive colleague that contributes meaningfully. You help the team as a whole to perform at their best.
- Take Pride - You take on responsibility for short-term project planning and delivery of outstanding results in your area. You willingly volunteer for opportunities to represent Onfido, eg by attending peer networking events or by assisting with company-wide events or initiatives.
- Learn Things, Share Them - You promote teamwork through collaborative working and by guiding, coaching and working 1:1 to mentor and give impactful feedback to colleagues. You actively pursue professional development by reading articles, attending conferences and meetups and networking informally with senior personnel on matters relating to your area.
- Find a Better Way - You proactively troubleshoot and identify risks. You tackle problems of a relatively diverse nature in own area. You select appropriate tools to analyse situations and reach useful conclusions.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Childcare vouchers
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture - we meet for a Friday afternoon forum (OnFriday) to engage peers informally over drinks.
Live date: 20 December 2018
Close date: 17 January 2019
Salary: Highly Competitive
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.