Who we are
e-Travel is one of the top 10 Online Travel Agencies in the world in selling flight tickets and has recently become part of the Etraveli Group after the merger with the Swedish OTA Etraveli, with the aim to be a global leading force in selling flights. The Etraveli Group is the second largest online travel agency in Europe with a highly scalable business model and annual gross sales topping €3bn. Our diverse, dynamically growing team of 600 talented, young professionals is always on the lookout for more members to join our family and explore unlimited business opportunities together! Our 110 websites in 50 countries across the globe include amongst others gotogate.co.uk, pamediakopes.gr, mytrip.com, supersavertravel.se, trip.ru & flygresor.se.
Thousands of customers place reservations with us every day, so we need to be up and running smoothly 24/7. As a DevOps Engineer you will be handling various projects, operations and support needs ranging from the development and deployment of new services to managing the stability, efficiency and scalability of our entire stack. You will also be collaborating with software and product developers, quality assurance engineers and other teams to drive productivity, repeatability and quality improvements.
- Design, create and maintain infrastructure needs for new applications and services.
- Continuously monitor and improve our infrastructure so that it is easy to deploy, scalable, performant, secure and fault-tolerant.
- Design and develop tools and frameworks to improve operations, automation, security, reliability, maintainability, availability and performance for the services/applications stack.
- Work alongside software developers in order to troubleshoot and debug systems integration and infrastructure problems/bottlenecks.
- Document and communicate your work with your team.
- Proven knowledge of AWS environment and use of infrastructure as code.
- Experience working with Docker containers and knowledge of container management systems (ideally kubernetes).
- Familiarity with service-oriented architectures.
- Comfortable with configuration management tools, strong grasp of automations using code and scripts and incremental code testing and deployment.
- Deep understanding of the full HTTP web stack, *nix environments and related software
- Self-motivation and willingness to learn new technologies and apply the gained knowledge to address business problems.
- Experience in collaborating with multiple functional / technical teams to deliver a project.
Awesome to have
- Knowledge of centralized log management tools (e.g. Elastic Stack, Splunk etc).
- Familiarity with CI/CD environments and experience with related tools (eg. Jenkins, Teamcity, Spinnaker, etc).
- Working experience in an e-commerce environment.
- Experience with security-related tools & practices.
- Database administration experience.
- The opportunity to work with various technologies in order to solve real life problems
- The chance to make an impact working alongside creative people.
- The privilege to see your ideas and aspirations come to life.
- A relaxed & fun environment where you can play ping pong, join in yoga lessons & take part in hiking & kayaking excursions to help you take the edge off.
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary private health insurance