PayBright provides flexible, affordable, and transparent payment options for Canadians. We partner with merchants to offer innovative payment plans at the point of sale – both in e-commerce environments and in-store locations. We are one of Canada’s fastest growing fintech companies and have partnered with over 6,500 merchants across Canada including major retailers such as Wayfair, eBay, and Samsung.
We are a diverse and growing team of over 170 people located in downtown Toronto.
We are hiring a DevOps Engineer to join our team and work with multiple development teams to automate builds, deployments, and other workflows.
You will have the autonomy and responsibility to deliver new products in a results-oriented culture. This is an exciting, high impact, technical role with one of Canada’s leading growth-stage fintech companies.
- Work closely with our Agile development teams to build, deploy, manage, and monitor cloud based systems to ensure high availability, performance, scalability, and security
- Automate existing processes where possible
- Create new monitoring within Datadog
- Set up continuous integration through build pipelines or similar
- Work with development teams and senior management to come up with an automated deployment strategy
- Troubleshoot and fix incidents as necessary
- 2+ Years of cloud-based production experience
- Post secondary education in technology or a related field is considered an asset
- Experience scaling either AWS or Azure Cloud environments
- Experience with Git
- Knowledge of Docker/kubernetes
- Good knowledge of linux cli
- Scripting capabilities - Powershell/bash
- Experience with Microsoft SQL server considered an asset
- Hands-on continuous integration and continuous deployment experience
- Experience in maintaining multiple deployment environments (Dev, QA, UAT, Prod.)
- Automated deployment experience
- Flexibility to adapt in an evolving environment
- Experience with JIRA (or similar) project tracking tools
Why should you apply?
- PayBright offers an outstanding work environment in a high-growth industry
- We focus on creating a positive and cohesive team-based environment and aim to have fun doing our jobs!
- Monthly and quarterly team events and social activities (currently being held virtually due to Covid-19)
- We offer attractive compensation and benefits, including equity participation
- We have a prime downtown Toronto location near amenities and public transportation
(we are all currently working from home to stay safe during this time).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our diverse and inclusive team is part of what makes PayBright a fulfilling place to be. PayBright is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds.
If you require any accommodations during the hiring process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.