Pypestream is messaging built for business; securely connecting organizations with their customers and employees through the mobile devices they use throughout their day.
We’re growing a world-class team focused on creating a communication platform that enables personal, yet scalable conversations. Our passion is building great products for our users in an agile environment, and we’re always on the lookout for the industry’s best talent.
Pypestream shares a collaborative leadership and features company culture centered on transparency to ensure we constantly exceed expectations.
You will work closely with the Head of Engineering in building and maintaining a scalable AWS based architecture for Pypestream and will be responsible for the continuous build, deployment and management of the AWS and Erlang technology stack. You will implement security procedures and protocols and establish and maintain alerting and monitoring systems.
Why you should join us:
- We are growing a world-class team focused on creating a communication platform allowing for intimate conversations
- We’re passionate about building great products for our users in an agile environment
- We’re a small team growing fast, have huge impact and solve interesting problems
What You'll Do:
- To build and own the scalable AWS based micro-services distributed architecture for the company
- Use technologies such as RabbitMQ, RIAK, Erlang VMs, NodesJS, ReactJS and AWS services - EC2, ASG, etc.
- Own the continuous build, deployment, and environment management - Jenkins, Puppet
- Establish and maintain alerting and monitoring systems - DataDog, Wombat, NewRelic
- Implement security procedures and protocols - Pentest, etc.
What We're Looking For:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a DevOps role
- Experience with cloud services, particularly AWS
- Experience with deployment automation tools, unix commands and scripting - we use Ansible
- Experience with terraform - to implement infrastructure definition and management, this includes dns, elb, sg, pg, asg, etc
- Experience with Ansible - to load the infrastructure and setup the nodes, services, configuration, backups, etc.
- Understanding of basic security practices (certificate management, openssl commands, intrusion detection, AWS Security Groups, IAM, etc.). Advanced security experience a plus.
- Erlang experience required including RabbitMQ
- Experience with RIAK nosql DB is a plus
- Experience with log aggregation systems (ELK)
- Experience with centralized monitoring systems and configuration such as DataDog
- Experience with container-approach such as Docker for automating CI/CD process
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Quick learner
What You'll Get:
- A dynamic and exciting culture where your work is valued
- Top-tier medical/dental/vision, and other great benefits
- An amazing office space with full kitchen, snacks and drinks all day, close to Penn Station