As Africa’s leading safari company, Rhino Africa has provided a community of international clientele with access to a vast collection of tailor-made, luxurious African experiences across our glorious continent for 14 years and counting. As a company with the heart and soul of a start-up, we don’t get stuck on legacy programming. Now, we are seeking like-minded individuals to maintain a tech ecosystem that thrives on innovation.
Our ideal DevOps Engineer understands the importance of optimising business processes and thrives on working in a collaborative environment. Reporting to the Head of Development Operations, you will be responsible for the containerisation, automated deployment, redundancy, and testing & monitoring on both our internal and Cloud systems. Our fresh DevOps implementation gives you the opportunity to do research and development on new services and systems across the DevOps arena, thereby assisting in the decision-making process.
As Rhino Africa’s DevOps Engineer you will:
- Assist in continually improving software deployments via containerisation, CI/CD pipelines, automated testing and related functions
- Be involved in the research, planning, testing and deployment of reusable tools and modules for CI and CD for new and existing applications
- Set up and maintain system & application monitoring, for both internal and Cloud (AWS) systems
- Develop software infrastructure and build tools that are useful in the development lifecycle
- Write technical documentation and guides to help educate the engineering team on all implemented tools and services
- Work on prioritised tasks with a small team in an agile development environment
- Apply your knowledge in rapid problem solving
As our ideal DevOps Engineer you have:
- 2+ years experience working with Linux
- 2+ years experience working with a Cloud Infrastructure provider, preferably AWS
- 2+ years experience in scripting/programming, particularly Bash, Python, PHP programming
- A demonstrated knowledge of tasks such as monitoring, alerts, logging, build/deploy, scaling, self-healing, auto-testing and cloud security
- Proficiency with GIT
- A good understanding of containers and container-orchestration technologies, like Docker, Docker Swarm, ECR & ECS, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with REST/SOAP/JSON APIs
- A keen interest in new tools and technologies and understanding when, and how, they should be applied
- Enthusiasm for solving problems and learning new things
- A demonstrated knowledge of systems & application monitoring, and performance tuning as an advantage
Please note: Only South African citizens can be considered and strict preference will be given to historically disadvantaged SA citizens
- Join the fastest growing company in African travel and help us shape the future of our industry
- Earn a competitive salary and accrue 20 days of paid vacation per year
- Work on flexitime in a revolving, remote structure
- Enjoy subsidized meals, coffees (and anything in between) from our own chefs and baristas at the Rhino Café
- Take on a variety of projects in an agile environment, alongside a diverse multinational team
- Do something that makes an impact - for every 7 people we bring to Africa, we create one permanent job in the tourist industry!
- Make the most of exclusive access to the Roaming Rhinos online travel portal. With the keys to the kingdom you'll unlock travel deals for yourself, your family and your friends. From breathtaking African experiences to getaways at our inspiring locations, you’ll receive up to 90% discount from 80 different partners and suppliers across 7 countries. You'll get to take advantage of rebates on activities, transport and accommodation, including our own MannaBay and Silvan Safari Lodge!