We at Sequoia are building next generation people insight applications used by companies like HackerRank, MongoDB, Udacity, Persistent Systems, Dropbox, Udemy and 1000+ other companies. Sequoia applications runs on complex backend systems with several external touchpoints and we are now in progress to rewrite entire backend systems from the scratch making it highly scalable, tolerant and main table system. Also, we are plugging Analytical data models into our backend systems to provide analytic-centric data to the users.
DevOps Engineer responsibilities include deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet our end user’s needs. If you have a solid background in software engineering and are familiar with one scripting language, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately and securely.
We’re in search of a DevOps Engineer who’s ready to help us improve our customer experience by building functional systems that bring our business to new heights. You’ll need to have strong experience in Amazon Web Services. As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll also be working in conjunction with engineering team members to deploy these new products and manage our infrastructure, associated processes and systems. It’ll definitely help for you to be detail-oriented and a skilled problem solver, because you’ll also be helping us to streamline our processes—and automating them where applicable.
What You'll Do
- Making sure our AWS infrastructure is up and running 24x7 without any issues
- Build whole stack ELBs, containers to databases, then moving and launching our site at its new home, guiding the team through the entire process.
- Work along with Devops architect to make sure Security of the application is intact
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
- Update our processes and design new processes as needed.
- Making sure to document all the process involved
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Specifying, documenting and developing new Prod features, and writing automating scripts.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Work with CI and CD tools, and GIT.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS.
- Strong experience with DBs such as SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Mongo.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, WorkFront, Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, etc.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience in working with Puppet or Chef for automation and configuration.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- More than two years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
- Solid team player
What we offer?
- Fun & Work at the same place with an amazing group and work culture
- Flexible work timings
- Competitive salary + performance-based bonus programs + Medical insurance that covers you and your whole family
Join us and be part of our success journey!