StrongBox® Data Solutions (SBDS) is building a team to expand our StrongLink software. StrongLink is a disruptive technology which brings the power of metadata and machine learning to autonomous data management across heterogeneous storage platforms. Our customers have discovered that StrongLink can reduce storage costs and complexity to manage big data environments.
We strive for excellence and seek like minded individuals to join our team. We are seeking bright, passionate individuals who want to work on new and disruptive technologies, and who enjoys dynamic environment where they can directly impact that next generation technology. If you enjoy challenges in a fast pace company, we welcome your application.
We are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer in the Portland, OR area.
The DevOps Engineer is part of the Engineering team. S/He is responsible for build pipeline, scripting, automation, configuration management, monitoring, effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related on-prem and cloud infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, networking, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff and Partners
- Configuration of the CICD pipeline using Bamboo, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipeline, AWS Pipeline.
- Management of the AWS and On-Prem (VMWare) infrastructure.
- Scripting solutions in Python and Bash.
- Configuration management using Ansible.
- Implement Infrastructure as Code using CloudFormation and Terraform.
- Create images using Packer and Vagrant.
- Troubleshoot issues in Linux (Centos 7).
- Develop 3rd party integrations.
- B.S. or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience (3+ years) in a similar role.
- Outstanding communication, customer service, and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Hands-on experience with security and networking including firewalls, VPN (site-to-site, client), VLANS, switching equipment, etc.
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and debugging.
- In-depth knowledge of virtualization with the ability to architect, design, build and maintain that platform.
- Thorough understanding of desktop imaging, support, and deployment.
- Practical scripting knowledge to automate tasks and processes (PowerShell scripting is preferred).
- A great team attitude and the desire to work with a small group of your peers, without hierarchy or politics.
- Ability to teach and mentor others on the team.
Must Have Experience With:
- RHEL/Centos 7 Linux Administration
- CICD Pipeline using Bamboo or Jenkins
- Scripting in Python and Bash
- Configuration Management in Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or Salt
- AWS EC2, S3, RDS, Route53, Lambda, SNS
- HashiCorp Stack - Packer, Vagrant, and Terraform
- Atlassian Stack - Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo