Our Technology team is one of the best in the business and is the fuel behind Adthena’s platform. From patented machine learning methods, to developing an award-winning application, our Technology team is continuously innovating and enabling technology to solve real problems for our customers. We are looking for a proficient DevOps Engineer who is excited about working with some of the most talented engineers and data scientists in the industry to build amazing technologies and develop their career to be the best at what they do.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Proven successful experience as a DevOps engineer operating within a Distributed Data environment
- Commercial experience working on Spark and Hadoop stack
- Confident writing production quality code preferably in Python and SQL
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform or other configuration management systems
- Building and automating deployment pipelines using CI/CD tools
- Experience working on complex distributed systems and version control systems
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Good knowledge of the core technologies we use
- Creating / scripting, monitoring, and maintaining Spark Clusters
- Building and working with complex ETL workflows (Luigi, Airflow)
- Automate the provisioning, management and monitoring of Adthena’s data platforms and architecture
- Manage the deployment, orchestration and monitoring of data processing and dissemination platform
- Design and implementation of CI/CD pipelines covering infrastructure, code build, and deployment
- Continuously strive for operational excellence by seeking to automate away manual processes
- Develop internal tooling and capability to support our engineers and SaaS solutions
- Work closely with teams to create ultra-scalable, flexible and highly reliable systems
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software issues
- Proactively performing software maintenance and configuration
- Working with AWS technologies and improving infrastructure security and resiliency
- Collaborate with Technology Leadership team to define our DevOps strategy and roadmap
- Collaborate with teams to develop, maintain and optimize our operational systems, services and infrastructure.
- Effectively communicate data findings and helps team/business make data-driven decisions
- Take ownership and pride in the products we build and always make sure they are of highest standard
- Be empathetic towards team members and customers
Technologies We Use at Adthena across our Technology Teams
Frameworks: Spark (scala), DropWizard, React, Backbone, Akka, Play Framework (Scala), Flask
Databases: PostgreSQL, AWS(S3), Redshift, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra
Technologies: RabbitMQ (messaging), Quartz scheduling, Maven
CI/CD: TeamCity, Jenkins
Containerisation: Docker, Kubernetes
Configuration: Ansible, Terraform
Monitoring: ELK, Grafana, Prometheus
Source Control: Git (GitHub)
Other Tools: IntelliJ IDEA, Jira, Kibana
About the Data Team
Athena's data team is a market leader in developing complex ETL and machine learning solutions. With published authors and award winning data scientists who contribute some of the major machine learning and distributed data technologies such as Apache Spark, we are a friendly, passionate group of engineers making a career out of building great software for our customers.
The Adthena architecture is dealing with billions of data points every day, generated from over two thousand data processes running through orchestrated workflows, multiple machine learning models, distributed computations in spark, web applications, and streaming data coming in twenty-four hours a day at hundreds of times a second.
Our engineering culture is underpinned by sharing knowledge, coaching and growing together. You will have the opportunity to innovate with new technologies and make our system your own by having the freedom and responsibility that we think all engineers deserve. You will enjoy this role if you love technology, love being involved in every part of a complex architecture, working with the latest technologies, and solving problems at a large scale.
As a DataOps Engineer, you will be working across our entire stack, so a real passion to drive the product and technology forward is something that we value. Your responsibilities will include creating a vision for the future architecture of this complex data system, adding innovative ideas that use the latest cutting edge technology. You will work closely with Data, Data Science and Web teams to deliver the best quality architecture and automation solutions for our teams.
Adthena’s mission is a world of search transparency where precise ads connect marketers to consumers. This statement is key to our ethos here at Adthena and is backed by our Whole Market View technology, a dynamic, AI-driven, data model that is unique for each advertiser, representing their entire relevant search landscape. Powered by our patented machine learning technology, Whole Market View provides the comprehensive data scope and quality required by the world’s leading advertisers to precisely assess competitive opportunities at scale across their entire market, without limitations. We index information hourly, processing over 10TB of new data, 500 million adverts and 200 million keywords across 15 different languages each day. The segmented data is presented in an intuitive format, helping digital marketers to understand their landscape and acquire more customers. The technology has also won a number of awards for its ease of use and value added to clients including: Best Search Software Tool at the UK Search Awards 2016, Technical Innovation of the Year at the Drum Search Awards 2017, Best Search Technology of the Year at the Biddable Media Awards 2017 and Best Tech Platform at the DADI awards 2017. Adthena was founded by Ian O’Rourke and is backed by Mel Morris, the entrepreneur behind Candy Crush and former chairman of King.com
A world of search transparency where precise ads connect marketers to consumers
Empower marketers to optimally reach, acquire, and retain consumers with unique data-driven search intelligence.
Deliver Remarkable Quality
Get Shit Done!
Freedom with Responsibility
Smart and Always Improving
Things that make Adthena Unique
Machine-Learned Whole Market View
AI-Driven Data Segmentation
Automated trend detection & monitoring technology
Built for Client Value and Outcomes
World Class Customer Success