Current, an Expa company, is seeking a resourceful and motivated DevOps Engineer to help deploy and operate our systems. This role involves building out systems that delight our quickly growing engineering team, enabling them to iterate at top speed in an open, decentralized environment. Your success in this role will be measured by our ability to scale as fast as the business can grow, as well as improved availability, security and performance.
- Build and own tools for provisioning, automation, configuration, integration, deployment and release processes
- Improve the health and availability of our systems through alerting, monitoring, instrumenting, and reporting
- Measure and improve the performance of our stack through benchmarks, capacity estimation, and troubleshooting
- Identify and assess new technologies that improve the functionality, effectiveness, and reliability of our systems
- Develop and own processes and documents in the areas of release and reliability engineering; train other engineers in these fields
- Strong Unix administration and network troubleshooting skills
- Implemented and supported user-facing, large-scale, secure tech stacks on AWS; familiar with OpsWorks, S3, EC2, Route53, VPC, Salt/Chef/Puppet/Ansible config management. Experience with using Docker a plus
- Desire to understand how things work and to build highly available and scalable systems
- Familiar with modern tech stacks including Postgres, MongoDB, Nginx, Redis/Memcached, as well as dev environments (source control, CI, Crashlytics)
- Passionate about automating and improving release and deployment processes
- Confidence without ego
- Excitement and passion for FinTech
Current is a FinTech company based in NYC building the next generation of financial services, identity and products for consumers. Current’s mission is to become an efficient, fair, global alternative to existing banks, financial systems and cash.