Bottomline Technologies is seeking a smart, highly motivated individual to work as a DevOps Engineer II.
This position will be responsible for systems & application uptime in a high-availability customer facing business critical 24x7 SaaS environment where uptime is critical and requires immediate response to service impacting issues.
You will work with a dynamic and independent team of development engineers and other functions such as Cloud Infrastructure hosting, Cloud Automation Engineering, Security and production support teams to provision cloud resources for hosted solution. You will actively drive DevOps automation activities in collaboration with engineering teams, sizing/tuning of cloud resources and automated alerting/monitoring tools for services and Infrastructure resources.
This position is based at our Bangalore, India office.
- Deploy and maintain infrastructure & Bottomline solutions hosted in the private and public cloud.
- Application release management, configuration, upgrades & support of Java microservices, open-source tools and third-party services in a SaaS environment.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve complex technology issues efficiently in live production environment
- Work closely with the Engineering and Cloud Infrastructure team to escalate issues for triage and resolution.
- Lead Cloud automation initiatives to avoid recurrence of issues and trigger automated action to improve system availability
- Establish automated proactive monitoring of all systems/services/networks to detect and resolve problems to ensure uninterrupted operation of all infrastructure systems.
- Lead implementation of DevSecOps practices in collaboration with Security team
- Collaborate with Architects and engineering team in preparing scalable network & deployment architecture covering failover and DR setup
Experience and Required Skills:
- 3+ years’ experience in system setup, configuration, diagnosis & monitoring of Enterprise grade SaaS services
- Strong understanding of the end-to-end Software development life cycle using Ci/CD tool GitLab, Argo CD, Helm Charts)
- Good understanding of Systems (Unix/Linux, open source, JVM) and networking (TCP/IP, SNMP, SMTP, DNS, HTTP, SSL/TLS, VPN, routing tables), load balancer (F5) and Firewall setup
- Experience in container orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes and VMware
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code frameworks such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, scripting and monitoring tools (ELK).
- Experience with a different queuing system like RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQL, etc.
- Web Server/Application Server deployments and administration.
- Understanding of multi-tier architecture, Web based development, and Services Oriented Architecture
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-starter and require minimal guidance.
- Ability to prioritize & balance activity between strategic projects for longer term impact and immediate production critical requirements with a customer focus.
- Ability to take on-call rotation & co-ordinate work under production critical situations is essential.
- Passion of learning and mastering information technology
- Experience in DevOps tools and automation
- Basic understanding of Database (postgres), IAM (Key Cloak) & Java Programming language is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Networking or related field.
About Bottomline Technologies
Bottomline Technologies provides collaborative payment, invoice and document automation solutions to corporations, financial institutions and banks around the world. The company's solutions are used to streamline, automate and manage processes involving payments, invoicing, global cash management, supply chain finance and transactional documents. Organizations trust these solutions to meet their needs for cost reduction, competitive differentiation and optimization of working capital.
Serving industries such as financial services, insurance, health care, technology, communications, education, media, manufacturing and government, Bottomline provides products and services to approximately 80 of the Fortune 100 companies and 70 of the FTSE (Financial Times) 100 companies.
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Please Note: Bottomline Technologies does not accept resumes submitted by recruiting firms unless specifically requested by People Success team. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.