JW Player is a technology platform which boasts the world’s most widely-adopted web video player, generating billions of video streams a month. We are looking for a talented engineer to join our DevOps team, responsible for our company infrastructure, network, software deployment systems, and internal tooling.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Manage AWS infrastructure and Kubernetes clusters
- Develop and/or support applications and services for infrastructure automation, software deployments, etc.
- Measure and maintain reliability through instrumentation and monitoring
- Support engineering teams to ensure the highest levels of system and infrastructure availability
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team that enjoys a high level of autonomy
- Interface with multiple development teams to provide services and support
Participate in planning activities, code review, providing feedback and mentorship to your peers
- Be available for occasional after hours support
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience with Linux administration
- 2+ years of experience with AWS
- Scripting/coding ability in Bash, Python, Perl, or similar language
- Experience with large scale web systems
- Experience with automated configuration management (SaltStack, Chef, Puppet, etc.) and “infrastructure as code” (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Experience with Docker and containerization
- Experience with monitoring and stats aggregation/visualization systems such as statsd, Prometheus, Datadog, Grafana
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to interact cross-functionally and drive technical discussions
- Motivated, self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledgeable in core computer science disciplines (data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- Proven track record of ownership of maintainable, stable and scalable software and systems
- You enjoy working with other engineers. You recognize there are multiple ways to engineer a solution and feel a code review is a chance to share knowledge, not judge others' code
- B.S. in computer-related field
- Contributed to existing open-source projects as well as your own
- 2+ years of software development experience, ideally in Python or Go
- Experience using and administering Kubernetes, ideally on AWS
- Experience with Kafka, Zookeeper, ElasticSearch
- Network engineering including routing, firewalling, VPN, etc.
- Database experience including SQL, NoSQL, and BigData
- Continuous Delivery, test automation, deployment automation
- LDAP / Active Directory
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team, but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi-annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#jwplayer #DevOpsEngineers #hiring #usjobs #EngineeringJobs