Zipdev has a dynamic opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to join our successful organization as a key contributor. Our team enjoy our flexible, fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business. Engineers will be exposed to a multitude of technologies and architectures. This is a great place to learn new technologies and build your skills. Respect, integrity, teamwork, and passion are at the core of what we do.
POSITION SCOPE: The scope of these activities will primarily be focused on the management of our clients AWS based infrastructures and applications.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
Work on multiple client projects involving any of the following:
- Create/Maintain AWS Infrastructure.
- Create/Maintain Terraform / Ansible scripts to build out AWS network architectures.
- Create/Maintain GitHub Actions, GitLab Runner, and Jenkins-based CI / CD pipelines.
- Manage Runbooks.
- Plan, integrate, administer, and support multiple on-prem and cloud-based systems.
- Participate in code reviews for automation scripts developed by other team members using Git-based pull/merge techniques.
- Participate in during-the-day on-call rotations (overnight is already covered by our off-shore team).
- Assess, recommend, configure, and support monitoring tools in order to create telemetry and reduce the feedback loop between operations and development teams.
- Evaluate infrastructure utilization data in support of capacity planning, budgeting, and infrastructure expansion.
- Resolve problems in the entire application stack using Root Cause Analysis techniques.
- Perform other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned. • Participate in the rotation of our 24x7 Tier 1 support team.
Our Recruitment Process
- 15-minute Initial Call
- 20-minute take-home skills test
- 30-minute Call with the Recruiter (project, benefits, etc.)
- Interviews directly with the client (depending on the project the # of interviews may vary, this may include a code assessment)
- Final Offer
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience/certifications.
- Experience in systems administration with Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu) and Windows platforms.
- 3+ years as DevOps engineer specifically
- 3+ Years working with AWS or a very solid understanding of building infrastructures in AWS.
- 2+ Years of Terraform experience
- 2+ Years of Kubernetes experience. A good understanding of how Kubernetes works, configuring and tuning, autoscaling, Pod Scaling, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- A desire to grow technical and/or programming skills
- Knowledge of network principals
- Server hardware principals
- Experience with cloud services
- Experience with monitoring services
- Experience with Continuous Integration best practices
- Experience communicating technical specifications to both technical and non-technical individuals and clients
- Some understanding of web application structures and deployment.
- Knowledge/experience in a 24/7 always-up, always-available service.
- Must be able to adjust to constant business change including new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies.
Other beneficial knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Working knowledge and development or operations experience with AWS services such as VPCs, Peering, SecurityGroups, EC2, S3, EBS, Aurora, RDS, etc.
- Experience with AWS management tools such as CloudWatch, Trusted Advisor, and CloudTrail.
- Cloud infrastructure automation in the Amazon Web Services environment utilizing Terraform.
- Working knowledge of Nginx, Tomcat, and Microsoft IIS.
- Experience with Docker containers and Orchestration such as Kubernetes and ECS.
- Experience working with monitoring and log aggregation technologies such as DataDog, AppDynamics, New Relic, Loggly, PaperTrail, Sumo Logic, Splunk, ELK Stack, etc.
- Experience with application load balancing technology products such as EC2 ELB/ALB.
- General exposure to a wide range of technologies including Internet, application development, network infrastructure, and business process.
- On-call availability to diagnose/recover systems outside business hours when required
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle (SLDC), and deployment best practices
- Familiarity with QA; its related requirements, intent and purpose
- Familiarity of how to perform and provide Capacity Assessment(s) and other similar analysis
- Work Remote Monday - Friday, 40 hours a week (no weekends)
- Vacation: 10 business days a year
- Holidays: 5 National Holidays a year
- Company Holidays: 5 Company Holidays a year (Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, Zipdev Day)
- Parental Leave
- Health Care Reimbursement
- Active Lifestyle Reimbursement
- Quarterly Home Office Reimbursement
- Payroll Deduction Purchase Plans
- Longevity Bonus
- Continuous Learning Bonus
- Access to Training and Professional Development Platforms
- Did we mention it's REMOTE?!!