This job exists to create solutions that can be deployed in Customer’s own VPC environment the entire Databricks stack, effectively giving the customer the same operational insights and manageability of their own deployment at par with our cloud offering. Some of these deployments happens in a variety of enterprise setup and therefore the product should be able to adapt to wide a variety of scenarios. Given some of these environments are completely air-gapped, we have monitoring and reporting tools that can work even under limited connectivity to the internet. You should be expert in everything AWS related but also strong development experience to build standalone monitoring and infrastructure applications.
- Take on lead role in building out monitoring infrastructure from scratch
- Build required infrastructure to automate deployment pipeline
- Facilitate upgrades, patches and maintenance to customer deployments
- Generate excited referenceable customers that becomes Databricks promoters
- Act as a player and coach, become a Databricks technical superstar who can handle any deep swath of technical needs from our customers, manage and grow the other team members
- Share the insight, skills and knowledge acquired from each engagement with the Databricks team members to expand our overall ability to assist our customers
- Build a customer facing monitoring solution that forms the basis of not just monitoring but orchestrating initial deployments and upgrades
- Orchestrate the deployment of the monitoring solution in customer’s own environment
- Resolve customer's application assistance requests in a timely and professional manner with highest quality
- Deliver best practices guidance and support for architecting and building our customers specific solution
- Deliver proactive suggestions for improving performance and efficiency
- Deliver application level root-cause analysis, suggesting code optimizations and assist with integrations
- Coordinate enhancement and feature requests with product management and engineering
- Facilitate upgrades, patches and maintenance of our deployments
- Participate in occasional weekend on-call roster
- Ensure the delivery quality meets and exceeds our customer satisfaction targets
- Use all available resources to drive a request to fast resolution including engaging peers and other team members when needed
- Leverage all available documentation, know how, best practices, knowledge-base articles and other vehicles to assist the customer
- Be a true proponent of customer advocacy
- Maintain technical competence by keeping abreast of our products and Spark technology as it advances and technological developments, practices, procedures, etc.
- Be a team player and coach other team members as needed
Competencies / Requirements
- Minimum 5 years experience designing, building, testing, and maintaining software applications
- Deep understanding of AWS and variety of network architectures. Familiarity with CloudFormation or equivalent
- Deep Linux and systems understanding.
- Excellent Python/Scala programming experience specially related to web development. Additional UI development a strong plus
- Docker/Kubernetes knowledge a strong plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced startup environment
- Experience in a SaaS cloud environments i.e. AWS, Azure, Google cloud platform
- Knowledge in automation i.e. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt etc
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science strongly preferred
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Summary of the role
At Databricks, we make Big Data simple. The state-of-the-art in Big Data is "simple things complex, complex things impossible." We think the future should be "simple things easy, and complex things possible." Join us and work with world's leading experts in distributed systems, databases, and networking to help build a next-generation Big Data platform that users love.
You will own the technical support engineering relationship with a number of paying Private Cloud customers who have acquired technical support as part of their service level agreement with us. You and the team that you are building will assist them in their journey with us as they build their application on top of Databricks products. You will assist them with making sure their Databricks infrastructure is running They will look to you and your team for answers from basic technical questions to complex architectural scenarios and expect us to be the gurus in the wide areas of Databricks products and Spark.
Databricks is the data and AI company. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks simplifies data and AI so data teams can collaborate and innovate faster. More than five thousand organizations worldwide —including Shell, Conde Nast and Regeneron — rely on Databricks as a unified platform for massive-scale data engineering, collaborative data science, full-lifecycle machine learning and business analytics. Venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco (with offices around the globe) Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.