Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation
. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere
company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or in our Raleigh office - it’s up to you.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to take ownership of our build pipelines from source control through production deployment. We are a growing team, and we need an expert to take ownership of our Jenkins pipelines and deliver our software to our AWS environment. Come work with us to streamline the way we deliver solutions that change people’s lives. Our goal is to reduce the time and cost of clinical trials by 25%. You will have control over how we build our software, how we run automation, and how we deploy to both internal and external environments.
What You'll Do
- Extend and maintain a scalable CI/CD pipeline
- Maintain all of our git repositories
- Help develop tooling and processes to maximize the development team’s effectiveness
- Maintain our internal environments to ensure high availability
- Deploy to our production AWS Cloud
- Monitor our production deployment with tools like Kibana to find issues before they impact our customers
- Work directly with software and QA engineers to solve identify and solve problems quickly
- Take ownership of infrastructure and operations including taking ownership of our release process
- You will have the ability to determine how you solve problems so that it works best for you.
- Solid understanding and practical experience of software development life cycle (Agile)
- Expert in scripting (Bash, Python, or similar languages)
- 2+ years experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Terraform, or similar tools)
- 2+ years experience with source repository systems (GIT or similar tools)
- 2+ years experience with creating CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins or similar tools)
- Experience using/creating build tools (Maven, Ant, or similar tools)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- BS in engineering/computer science or equivalent
Nice to Have
- Experience using monitoring frameworks to monitor the health and performance of applications and infrastructure
- Excellent understanding of networking and ability to troubleshoot infrastructure issues in AWS environment
Perks & Benefits
- Work Anywhere
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning and development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.