Cision Ltd is a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision’s Communications Cloud platform allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact of PR and Communications Teams’ campaigns. Cision has over 4,500 employees with offices in 23 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about our products and services, visit www.cision.com and follow us on Twitter @Cision.
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group! We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
As the DevOps Engineering Manager, you will lead by example, mentoring a best-in-class team of DevOps Engineers as a highly technical, hands-on member of Global Platform Operations. You will drive project and strategy prioritization related to DevOps improvements and planning. This team is not only responsible for release management and deployment, but also troubleshooting and break-fix support for production services.
You will help us by:
- Evaluating and improving processes around continuous integration and automation
- Working closely with Software Engineering and IT Global Infrastructure to maintain continuous availability of mission critical systems as well as supporting environmental needs for Software Engineering, QA, Product Management, Support, and others
- Collaborating directly with Enterprise Architecture and Software Engineering leadership to architect the most performant, scalable and stable best-of-class Cision applications
- Designing and managing automation systems, including software deployment, release management, disparate development environments, SDLC management, and product development life cycles.
- Administering and maintaining source control systems, including branching and merging strategies – GIT and shared artifact management (BitBucket, Artifactory Pro)
- Managing CI/CD pipeline development and optimization using Jenkins + Groovy
- Supervising build and deployment pipeline to ensure proper configuration using AWS Launch Configurations, Ansible, and Terraform
- Documenting all “stories” through Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence)
You will be a good fit for the role if you have:
- Ability to unravel highly complex technical challenges collaborating across global teams to resolve, prevent and document findings
- Deep operating experience with Linux platforms, including the architecture, design, administration, and management of a distributed systems environment or micro-services based environment
- Extensive experience troubleshooting & supporting Mission Critical 24/7 Production Client facing product & environments
- Extensive Experience with Elasticsearch Required
- Previous experience mentoring and leading a small team of DevOps Engineers
- Expertise working in a fast-paced Kanban environment
- Expertise with Kubernetes or containerization
- Strong experience with scripting languages (Python, Ruby, bash, Powershell)
- Deep understanding of AWS EC2 and other aspects of the AWS ecosystem
- SQL Server and NoSQL (MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra) or other similar high-read / high-write databases to manage big data class sets of application data
You will be a great fit for the role if you also have:
- Knowledge of Java, Python, Ruby or other open source highly desirable
- Experience with Ansible, or other SCM tools (Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- Experience with Nagios, Datadog, Instana or other monitoring and APM solutions
- Expertise setting up and supporting log aggregation using Logstash (ELK stack)
Cision is committed to building an environment where all employees are set up to thrive and reach their full potential. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term
success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4
“Cision endeavors to make https://www.cision.com/careers/#jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Recruiting at [email protected]. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.”