About the team:
DevOps - because even the best developers need heroes.
Whether you agree or not, a DevOps Engineer is definitely nothing less than a hero to us - and with good reason! When 5% of Indian households shop with us, it’s important to build resilient systems to manage millions of orders every day. We’ve done this – with zero downtime! 😎
Sounds impossible? Well, that’s the kind of Engineering muscle that has helped Meesho become the e-commerce giant that it is today. We value speed over perfection and see failures as opportunities to become better. We’ve taken steps to inculcate a strong ‘Founder’s Mindset’ across our engineering teams, making us grow and move fast.
We place special emphasis on the continuous growth of each team member - and we do this with regular 1-1s and open communication. As DevOps Engineer, you will be part of self-starters who thrive on teamwork and constructive feedback.
We know how to party as hard as we work! If we aren’t building unparalleled tech solutions, you can find us debating the plot points of our favorite books and games – or even gossiping over chai. So, if a day filled with building impactful solutions with a fun team sounds appealing to you, join us.
About the role:
As an SDE I DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for managing and supporting our company's BAU operations, handling cloud migrations between different cloud service providers, and conducting proof-of-concepts (POCs) to cater to the requirements of engineering teams. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure smooth operations and efficient delivery of services.
What you will do
- Manage and maintain day-to-day BAU operations, including monitoring system performance, troubleshooting issues, and ensuring high availability.
- Lead and execute cloud migration projects, transferring applications and services between different cloud service providers.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to understand their requirements and provide POCs for new tools, technologies, and processes to improve efficiency.
- Develop and maintain automation scripts and tools to streamline operational processes.
- Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines for deploying applications across various environments.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to optimize system architecture for scalability and reliability.
- Monitor and analyze system logs and performance metrics to identify areas for improvement and take proactive measures.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices in DevOps, cloud computing, and infrastructure automation.
- Actively participate in rotational on-call duties to ensure continuous operational support.
What you will need
- Strong knowledge of cloud computing platforms such as Google Cloud.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of CI/CD methodologies and tools like Jenkins, Git and ArgoCD.
- Understanding with infrastructure-as-code (IaC) tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Strong troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills around Infrastructure and Systems.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
Meet Meesho - India’s only true e-commerce marketplace.
Welcome to Meesho, where every story begins with a spark of inspiration and a dash of entrepreneurial spirit. We're not just a platform; we're your partner in turning dreams into realities.
Meesho (Meri shop) started with a single idea in mind - to be an e-commerce destination for the next billion Indian consumers and enable 100 million small businesses to succeed online. Meesho is democratizing internet commerce in India. The company provides sellers with a range of industry-first benefits such as zero commission and the lowest shipping cost. Over 1.4 million sellers are registered on Meesho, growing their business by tapping the company’s massive customer base, state-of-the-art tech infrastructure, pan-India logistics at the lowest cost through third-party logistics providers in an 'Everyday Lowest Cost' channel for sellers.
Meesho has been a catalyst for over individual entrepreneurs, propelling them into an online business with zero initial investment. What sets us apart is our revolutionary 0% commission model for sellers, a pioneering concept in the Indian e-commerce landscape. Our vision extends beyond being a platform; we aspire to be the e-commerce destination for Bharat—a testament to our dedication to inclusivity and accessibility.
Our journey is marked by significant milestones, including a valuation of $4.9 billion and the unwavering support of renowned investors such as Sequoia Capital, Softbank, Fidelity, Prosus Ventures, Facebook, and Elevation Capital. Meesho proudly found its place in Y Combinator’s 2021 Top Companies List and was the sole Indian startup featured in Fast Company’s The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2020. In 2021, we claimed the 6th spot in Linkedin’s Top Startups List.
9 crore orders every month~13 Lakh seller on the platform 75% of user from Tier 2+ cities of India 3.6 cr monthly and 14 cr Annual transiting users12+ Cr product listings on Meesho A new product uploaded every second
But beyond the numbers and accolades, our true strength lies in our people. At Meesho, we champion a people-first culture with gender-neutral and inclusive policies. Discover opportunities to be part of our dynamic team at meesho.careers.
Join us on this exhilarating journey, where innovation meets inclusivity, and every entrepreneur's dream finds a home. Explore more about our story and vision through our insightful blogs!
Democratising e-commerce for Bharat.Meesho is focused on building and making e-commerce accessible for the next billion users. Affordable, relatable merchandise mirroring local markets has helped us make inroads with first-time internet users in the country. With ~80% of Meesho’s 140 million annual transacting customers coming from Tier 2+ cities and towns, the company has been instrumental in bringing new-to-e-commerce users online. Meesho has made e-Commerce more accessible, affordable and engaging for a unique and underserved ‘non-affluent’ user segment. With a strong value proposition of Everyday Lowest Prices, the platform hosts one of the largest selection of quality products at affordable prices
Har Indian ka APNA MARKET
Vidit Aatrey : Co-Founder and CEO
Sanjeev Barnwal : Co-Founder and CTO
Learn about Meesho culture, news and what goes on in building the fastest growing e-commerce app in India.