Bungalow is the largest and fastest-growing roommate living company in the United States. We’re on a mission to create a world where everyone can truly feel at home, wherever they want to live.
We work with homeowners across the US to take the hassle out of property management and maximize what they earn so we can provide renters with the best homes the market has to offer.
And we know it can be challenging living with roommates, but we believe it’s worth it. We’re removing the hassle from moving and everyday living, and providing an affordable product that helps people live in the cities where they have better access to opportunity.
We are looking for candidates who are interested in our tech ecosystem and approaches, who have a passion for working collaboratively, and who are willing to dig deep when issues arise. Our engineering values include being human focused, being team centric, working at all prudent speed, continually learning, having permission to fail, and being owners!
What you'll do:
- Shape our DevOps / SRE operations, setting strategy and taking on a leadership role as we scale
- Enable your fellow developers to build and ship features on a platform already used by thousands of users per day, more safely, efficiently, and effectively
- Ensure that sufficient monitoring of key systems is in place and effective
- Triage technical issues that arise and delegate responsibility appropriately
- Participate in sprint planning, code review, and continual learning
- Be mentored and mentor others as we work to up-level our development and deployment process
Who you are:
- You have a desire to learn everyday
- You are experienced at developing software, with an attention for detail and a passion for quality — you’d be considered an intermediate to senior level developer
- You are able to communicate effectively with remote and local teams
- You have experience managing multiple projects and priorities; previously leading a team is a plus
- You have experience with containerization
- You have experience with database administration and efficiency (Postgres preferred)
- You have experience configuring and managing web deployments through a Cloud Platform Provider (AWS preferred)
- You have experience with Python; Django knowledge is a plus
- You’ll work primarily with python and AWS, but here is what we use across the team:
- Frameworks: Django, Django Rest Framework, VueJS
- Data: PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift, Salesforce ETL
- Ops: AWS, Docker
- CI/CD: Github Actions, AWS CodePipeline
- Other: Git, Cypress
What we value:
Build better. Always challenge the status quo, constantly look for ways to improve across the entire organization.
Focus on impact. Ruthlessly prioritize and continue to ask: "Does it scale?"
Community first. We always look for ways to make our applicants, customers, and teammates feel more at home. We are the steady & trusted source for members new and old.
Feedback obsessed. We are constantly looking for feedback (from customers & teammates) in order to find ways to improve our experience across all facets of the organization. We never settle for the status quo, we consistently drive progress and growth by challenging our mindset, and iterating our processes.
Move fast. We are less afraid of making mistakes than we are of losing opportunities by moving too slowly. We are a culture of builders & innovators.
Be an owner. You are the expert & ruler of your domain. If you see something broken, fix it or work with the team to make sure we are always at our best. Always look for ways to improve organizationally and personally.
More about our (FTE) Benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Bungalow is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: generous time off to relax and recharge, beautiful offices, commuter benefits, team happy hours, and continuous learning! Now the ultra-important stuff: we also have world-class healthcare, vision, and dental insurance- we have your back!
Founded in 2017 by Andrew Collins and Justin McCarty, our company currently has hundreds of properties across 10 markets. To ensure our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. For more information visit www.bungalow.com and check out our Series-B funding coverage here!