Our DevOps mission is to enable our agile teams to rapidly develop, test, and deploy high-quality releases. The DevOps Manager cares deeply about the technical operations ensuring our platform and applications run smoothly. The role manages all environments supporting the reliability, security, scalability, build, test, deployment and all other aspects related to our platform and applications. The DevOps Manager will have a broad understanding of the complete software stack including source-control, continuous integration, continuous deployment, infrastructure automation, container concepts, orchestration, and cloud.
- Provide leadership to a team that manages the platform and applications built on a 24x7, highly-available architecture
- Lead DevOps engineers that are delivering the next-generation software configuration and deployment platform for our engineering team
- Operate strategically and tactically. Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day to day operational activities
- Work collaboratively with software engineers on web-apps, leveraging familiarity with micro-services architecture, build pipelines, and deployment strategies
- Establish and manage controls on test and development environments
- Continually seek out opportunities for process improvement
- Management of infrastructure using AWS CloudFormation or Terraform
- Determining metrics and implementing monitoring using tools such as CloudWatch, Prometheus, ELK or similar
- Engage and improve the lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
- Support services before they go live through system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Scale systems sustainably through automation and continuously improve reliability
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experienced in AWS, EC2, S3, Lambda, including configuration, backups, scaling, costing and other clouds like Google, Oracle, IBM, Azure
- Experience with one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, Ruby, PHP or shell scripting
- Experience with orchestration and containerization tools such as docker container and kubernetes
- Experience with Git or other source control systems
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience in security protocols, digital certificates, SSL/TLS, Key and secrets management
- Expertise in managing Cloud based large-scale infrastructure (AWS, GCP, IBM, Azure, Oracle)
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Wellness Budget - An annual allowance to invest in your physical and mental well-being.
- Learning and Development - When our people develop, so do we. We offer an internal learning program, study leaves, and sabbaticals to support your further education.
- Shares - We have incredibly loyal employees and we reward that loyalty in our ESOP scheme.
- Flexible Working - Employees have the freedom to optimize their own work schedules. This includes the ability to work from home and time off in lieu.
- Health insurance
- Birthday leave - An additional day off each year to kick back and celebrate your birthday!
- Social Events - We might work hard, but we never forget to spend time together, celebrating our wins, and having fun
It is Everledger’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to every applicant, regardless of age, sex, marriage & civil partnership, race, disability, religion or belief, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy & maternity. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive culture for every employee.
Disability Confident Committed
Everledger is also Disability Confident Committed, which means we commit to providing opportunities for those with disabilities, including interviewing all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy and consider them on their abilities. Please let us know on your application form if this applies to you.
IMPORTANT: If you require accommodations or adjustments to our standard application or any stage of the recruitment process, we encourage you to make us aware so that we can support you through each stage of your application.
Right to work
Please ensure you are applying for a role in a region where you have full rights to work in. Unfortunately at this time, Everledger, is unable to aid staff who require support obtaining a work-visa.