We are looking for a strong manager to lead our Cloud Team (Center of Excellence) who is leading the use of public cloud (AWS) at Endurance. The team is comprised of talented engineers with deep AWS knowledge who are establishing the best practices, standards, and governance to leverage AWS in a well architected, cost effective and secure way.
We’re looking for someone with strong communication skills who is experienced at leading software development teams. We follow agile methodologies and look to be innovative, productive and collaborative. You’ll work with engineering, operations, and security teams across the company on their cloud plans.
What you’ll do:
- Hire, mentor and grow a team of passionate engineers who work well across the company and are subject matter experts in AWS
- Work within the team on priorities and help specifying the deliverables around governance software, best practices, exemplars
- Define individual performance objectives and development plans and ensure alignment with individual growth and organizational objectives. Meet 1:1 weekly with the individuals in your team
- Help drive excitement and adoption of public cloud / AWS across the company by leading communication plans, training, and information sharing
- Work with finance on monthly cost breakdown and estimates. Understanding AWS costing models and methods to control costs
- Engage with AWS for support and connections to their product teams (roadmaps, etc)
Who you are:
- You have focused Industry experience working with AWS
- Hold your BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Have a proven track record of leading successful software teams
- 8+ years industry experience and 3+ years in a managerial role
- Experience with Agile methodologies including Scrum or Kanban
- Experience in a SaaS business and design and implementation of scaling large system
Why you’ll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams.
- We relax with the best of ‘em. We play ping pong, chill with video games, reject the cube life in favor of open seating and spaces, and cultivate a relaxed office vibe that spurs creativity and innovation.
- Food is never an issue. Breakfast, lunch, and endless caffeine are covered, and on Thirsty Thursdays, enjoy adult beverages.
- We’re in the midst of it all. Downtown SLC, where we’re located, boasts fine art and history museums, a zoo, botanical gardens, and hiking and biking trails. Plus we’re only a few hours away from incredible skiing and some of the nation’s most breathtaking national parks.
- Join the experts. If you’re passionate about WordPress and equally passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!