If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in house service or their own bank
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment and monthly payment
Generate, upload and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary)
Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary)
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
We’re looking for experienced lead with a passion for tackling big problems. Our veteran team chews through problems like Pac Man on diet cheat day. We need a DevOps guru that can help innovate new cloud solutions for the Carvana.com platform. The ideal candidate for this position will bring the processes, tool mastery, and experience needed to help us get fresh bits in front of our users as quickly as possible.
You will be tasked with making the best possible first impression on the rest of the engineering organization. You will be primarily judged by your discretion rather than individual work output. We expect an ideal candidate to bring a “been there done that” veteran’s mentality to many of the infrastructure issues we face.
You bring discipline and care to implementation practices. You have a desire to tinker until it's reliable, robust, and performant. You are looking for opportunities to learn from and educate your talented peers and are genuinely excited to constructively participate.
We iterate quickly and you will see your work have an immediate, scaled impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
What you'll be doing...
- You are the ultimate player coach. We expect you to spend minimal time coding, but rather utilizing veteran knowledge to train, coach, hire and motivate good individual contributors.
- The ability to implement and help architect technical solutions to major infrastructure problems.
- The ability to train, motivate, and retain a world class devops team
- Strategic focus to align the appropriate technical solution with the corresponding business problem (complexity as required, not by design).
- Working closely with almost every engineering teams and platform teams
What you should know...
- 8+ years of experience working in a cloud environment (Azure, AWS, GCP or Private Cloud)
- 2+ years of experience managing engineering/devops team.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field, or professional experience working with related technologies
- Should be experienced with PowerShell, Python, Bash or any programming language such as c# or Java or GoLang.
- Should have a strong understanding of build and deployment platforms, tools, and services such as Azure DevOps (VSTS), MS Build, Visual Studio, and Git.
- Should have a strong understanding of deployment, maintenance, and administration tasks related to Cloud, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Should have some familiarity with monitoring and log management tools and services such as Splunk, AppDynamics or should have experience building custom monitoring systems
- Should have a strong understanding of all things networking including DNS, Virtual Networks, WAF, and VPN
- Should have an understanding of network and platform security strategies, algorithms, and implementation practices
- Strong root cause analysis, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Carvana engineers work very closely with strong supporting teams and require great interpersonal skills including a positive attitude and sense of humor
It'd be cool if you also knew...
- Dependency Management
What we’ll offer in return...
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.