The Senior DevSecOps Engineer is responsible for end to end automation from server spin ups to continuous delivery. This includes deployments, monitoring, and optimization, and creating repeatable standards and processes promoting continuous delivery of Astute’s cloud-based platform.
We are specifically seeking individuals who are constantly striving to stay current with the latest technologies, who will work to implement DevSecOps vision and strategy for the team.
You will be responsible for:
- Design, maintain, monitor and automate Astute’ s cloud-based platform in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security and high availability in the cloud
- Troubleshooting production issues
- Performing and assisting with on-call duties
- Collaborate with Product Managers, QA and Engineering teams
- Continually improve, automate and document our deployment process
- Take ownership and respond to problems and incidents, resolving or escalating as needed
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Computer Science OR previous experience in the relevant position.
- 3+ years working with Linux-based or Windows systems (processes, configuration, networking, security)
- 3+ years working experience with cloud providers, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Automation background in at least one scripting language such as Bash, PowerShell, or Python
- Solid understanding of continuous integration, deployment and operations concepts
- Deep Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, SMTP, HTTP, SSL, load-balancers and high availability architecture
- Familiarity with security compliance standards such as SOC2
- Working knowledge of server configuration management concepts (e.g. Puppet, Chef or SaltStack)
- Familiarity with containerization concepts (e.g. Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, etc)
- Working knowledge of web and application server management and configuration (e.g. Apache, Nginx, Caddy, IIS, Tomcat)
- Working knowledge of basic database administration tasks (MySQL, SQL Server, or PostgreSQL)
- Experience with some of the following highly desired: Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, IIS, SQL Server, Bamboo, Terraform