Metromile is a start-up that is disrupting the $185 billion car insurance market by offering an entirely new model where the monthly bill is based on miles driven, paired with a smart driving app. Our product marries engineering and data science to deliver mobile technology, automotive telematics, and data-driven applications to make a car's data accessible and useful to modern drivers, including street sweeping alerts, trip stats, decoded check-engine lights, and car location. We aim to make car ownership as simple and affordable as it can be.
You could think of us as the David to the auto insurance industry's Goliath. Buckle up and get ready to drive with Metromile.
About the role
The Digital Affiliate Channel Manager is responsible for leading the strategy, planning and execution of all digital affiliate relationships. This includes purchasing high quality leads, deep integrated partnerships with companies like Google Compare, Compare.com, Credit Karma, Commission Junction and a strong analytical approach to driving higher quality customers through analytics partners (LeadCloud, LeadID). It will include the day to day management of all digital affiliate partnerships, the development of a robust customer referral program, and coordination across all internal teams (marketing, sales and product). The person should be a highly analytical affiliate expert with excellent communication skills, the ability to work across and gain buy-in from multiple stakeholders. This position will be based in San Francisco, CA.
- Lead the strategy, planning and execution of all digital affiliate relationships
- Develop and execute innovative partnerships with affiliate lead generation partners
- Develope and execute innovative partnerships with car insurance aggregators
- Drive higher quality sales through highly analytical approach and partnerships with analytics platforms
- Leverage consumer shopping and buying behaviors across mobile, tablet and desktop to manage and optimize partners to drive incremental sales
- Effectively manage team and projects with strong organizational and communication skills.
- 2-5 years experience in Affiliate Channel Management
- Demonstrated success building a affiliate channel from scratch for a customer acquisition focused company (or demonstrated success scaling an affiliate channel)
- Highly analytical approach to driving digital customer acquisition
- A proven record of effective leadership and desire to mentor and train new team members
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a high sense of urgency
- Thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with a high capacity to multi-task and handle tight deadlines on a daily basis
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team partnership, promote enthusiasm and foster strategic thinking
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, but a willingness and desire to ‘roll up your sleeves’
- Strong experience with online analytics tools.
- Minimum of a BA/BS. MBA preferred but not required. Degree in quantitative field preferred but not required.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Benefits (health, dental, vision)
- Transportation and gym benefits
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- In office happy hour every Friday
- Monthly social events (trivia nights, skeeball, ropes course, etc)
- Mac equipment and ergonomic work station, customized to your specs