Epirus designs and builds cutting-edge, high-powered microwave (HPM) systems that have the ability to transform industries. With a successful foothold in the defense industry, where we invented directed energy weapon systems that surpass current capabilities, we’re creating new possibilities for intelligently-driven power products in commercial markets.
Job objective: This is an exciting role in a growing company. The ideal candidate for the position is someone who has experience designing, verifying, and integrating state-of-the-art digital systems and embedded processing solutions for RF applications.
- BS degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience in digital design, VLSI design/fabrication with understanding of design-for-verification methodologies
- Experience with ASIC design, simulation, synthesis and verification
- Experience with tapeouts
- Experience in creating test plans, writing test cases and debugging logic with knowledge of the use of standard lab test equipment – i.e. oscilloscopes, logic analyzers etc.
- Hands-on experience with Standard Cell ASIC development from Architecture through to GDSII release (including pre-silicon emulation and co-simulation) and post-silicon
- US Citizen and/or Permanent Resident (future US Security Clearance will be required)
- Experience with design automation, scripting languages (TCL, Python, Perl, Matlab)
- Knowledge of Advanced Firmware Verification Testbench Development (UVM, System Verilog)
- Understanding of Digital and Mixed Signal PCB Design including Signal Integrity Analysis, FPGA Sizing Estimation and IO Selection
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative; capable of working across all levels of the organization
- Organized; comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Epirus was the magical bow with infinite arrows wielded by the Greek hero Theseus. Like our namesake, we strive to be fast, efficient, and limitless in our approach. This agility, combined with a culture of innovation in systems development, allows us to move quickly without losing the decades of lessons learned.
We have developed technologies that leverage new breakthroughs in sensors and high-power microwaves, combined with computer vision and advanced software control. Our first broad-market application is a comprehensive defense system to defeat offensive drones at scale.