As one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies in Asia, RedMart offers an unparalleled startup experience. Our culture: entrepreneurial, fiercely intelligent, team oriented, deeply creative and whatever you add to it! We’re fanatic about improving our customer experience and providing “wow” customer service.
We're interested in talented, creative and passionate people joining our fantastic team who believe in our mission: To save our customers time and money for the important things in life!
Reporting to the Acquisition Marketing Manager in the marketing team, the Designer will conceptualise, create and deliver compelling visual designs across a variety of advertising platforms. You are a team player who collaborates with team members from creative, marketing and campaign functions to translate business value into various formats.
You are a skilful design expert, artist, scientist and psychologist who can connect to customers and never give up innovating and improving. You have an eye for great design, strong attention to detail and enjoy managing fast-paced and diverse projects. You are a self-initiator and professional who has passion in creative design and has ambition to drive excellence. You are able to interact, communicate, present ideas and work in collaboration with stakeholders.You inspire people through design and also absolutely passionate and believing in the impact of design on the business success.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Work closely with advertising, branding and campaign teams to conceptualise and develop designs for marketing campaigns in various formats and platforms
- Apply digital design skills with strong attention to detail in creating high quality visual content for digital media platforms, including paid marketing channels, print ads, onsite banners, desktop and mobile
- Lead the whole process of understanding the business campaign objective, conceptualising, drafting brifts, creating and delivering compelling visual designs to achieve the objective
- Translate adaptation briefs and convert them seamlessly into executions. Have clear understanding of how the end-to-end design process work
- Understand Redmart’s business value and customers. Make sure creatives are aligning to brand guidelines, while doesn’t compromise the efforts in innovation and improvement
- Attend to fine grained details and deliver best quality of work. Be open to feedback and suggestions, while doesn’t compromise the passion to test what you believe
- Learn the latest design trends in the mobile and web industry. Stay informed with latest digital design trends and industry best practices
- Any other duties that may be assigned that are compatible with skills and experience
Attitude & behaviors critical to success
- You have positive attitude and an ability to work in a fast-paced work environment. Self-motivated individual with positive attitude, attention to detail and consistency of quality work
You never stop learning. You are aware that this business requires constant self-learning. From design trends, to new software tools that is constantly changing. On a personal level, you are not afraid to unlearn existing behaviors to experiment on new ones. Bottom line, you are always looking for the possibility of being wrong and open towards doing the right thing.
You are willing to do what it takes to understand and solve problems. You know that understanding the problem intimately is crucial to solving it well. You know how to translate the problem into design problem and provide design solution.
You will advocate user-centered design process and value of design. You know how to inspire and collaborate with stakeholders to understand the design and deliver business impact through design. A healthy obsession over human-centered design, customers and quality.
You have an interest in behavioural psychology – you ask, how people make decisions and how people value things?
- You’re not afraid to design in the open. You should be very comfortable in showing incomplete work with the team and ready to share ideas and hear feedback.
- A strong educational foundation and degree in Graphic or Multimedia Design and/or creative field equivalent.
- Experience working with design, advertising or graphic.
- A proven track record of your capabilities in design solutions and successful executions.
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator
- Basic CSS/HTML5 knowledge and animation skills is a BIG plus
- Be familiar with principles of design and communication design
- Ability to think creatively and translate ideas into engaging designs
- Strong verbal, written communication. Copywriting skills are a plus
- Be sensitive towards design grids and pixels. Have a passion for and exceptional eye for detail