As a Digital Designer you will shape how people experience Airtime Reward’s products and services, primarily our mobile and web apps.
The ideal candidate would have a UX background with sound business acumen to be able to conceptualize features that are super easy to use, which at the same time are aligned with the business’s objectives.
You will be mainly responsible for the on going design and iteration of our highly successful, award winning, mobile rewards application and web application used by hundreds of thousands of users in the UK. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web and mobile applications, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our customers’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
You are an entrepreneurial mobile enthusiast who knows how to take an idea and turn it into something real in an interactive consumer-facing environment. You believe mobile apps are the future, and want to go above and beyond to make the live products what we had imagined during planning sessions.
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs for mobile and web.
- Provide strategic thinking and leadership.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, release, and maintenance.
- Research and track advancements in mobile application design patterns.
- Staying in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in the mobile design field.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how apps/sites function and look like
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Creating and maintaining design systems that reflect brand values whilst accounting for user needs and UI best practices
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Excellent understanding of user-experience design for mobile and the web, technology trends, demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work.
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Sketch, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Deep understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines, Android design and other mobile platform designs, including Google’s material design.
- Good time-management skills
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Opportunities for career growth – we’re building something remarkable
- Fun and young company
- Manchester City Centre Offices
- Company Wide Employee Share Scheme