ROCKETS OF AWESOME is reinventing the way parents shop for kids by leveraging technology, data, brand, personalization, and exceptional merchandise. We’re making shopping for kids apparel convenient and fun – this is the future of vertical commerce.
We are a New York City-based, venture-backed startup with extensive executive expertise. Join our creative and strategic team working to fundamentally innovate the kids apparel space. This team cultivates a culture of learning and continuous improvement by investing in automated testing, learning from real-world problems, and immediately adapting.
We value fun, over-the-top creativity, and teamwork.
About the Position
We are looking for a brand-obsessed designer with an extensive digital background. This role will report to the Art Director.
The position is responsible for delivering high-performing, on-brand, creative assets for web, email, social media, digital acquisition ads and all physical activations and brand touchpoints. We’re looking for someone who wants to meaningfully contribute to our business and is looking for the right place to do it all. Join us in building something AWESOME!
What you’ll do…
- Execution, including creative development and production design, of marketing and brand assets – campaign assets, emails, website elements, videos, digital ads, print collateral, packaging, etc.
- Assist in photography post-production – image selection and retouching notes
- Collaborate on print production – apply knowledge of materials, printing and production processes
- Design and implement visual elements for the website – landing pages, site enhancements, etc.
- Maintain and further evolve the Rockets of Awesome brand, visual language and style guide
- Closely collaborate with marketing and creative team members, as well as cross-functional partners to fulfill all creative needs
- Bring new, digital-first tools to the table to increase uniqueness and engagement of assets
We’re looking for someone who is...
- Endlessly creative with over-the-top ideas and the ability to execute on them
- Obsessed with building and dimensionalizing brands that connect with the consumer
- Motivated by designing assets that generate results and move the business and brand forward
- Able to understand and deeply empathize with our customer, designing with her, her needs/challenges and likes/dislikes, in mind
- A self-starter, who can work quickly and flexibly in a fast-paced environment and can easily adapt to new insights and strategies
- Knowledgeable about identity systems, typography, grids, layout and print design
- Digitally minded with an understanding of our competitive set’s approach to assets
Other Requirements and Considerations
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Startup, direct-to-consumer and/or e-commerce experience preferred
- Strong business acumen - creates with an eye towards results while pushing the brand forward
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Google Docs, Sketch/Zeplin, Dropbox, Unbounce
- Working knowledge and/or ability to execute motion graphics
- Ability to illustrate is preferred