At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in April 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 10 million users across 190 different countries who have created more than 300 million designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
Our web designers create all of Canva’s public facing sites – from enormous blog projects like our Learn
platform to our beautiful Help Centre
. We also build great tools to help people in their design process, like a photo editor
, a colour palette generator
and a font combinations generator
used by thousands every day. We’re helping create the community, inspiration and support that grows our core Canva product.
There’s a lot of variety in the web designer role at Canva. From user research to wireframes, prototyping, testing, design, implementation and iteration – you can be involved from end to end and have an incredible impact on each project. We collaborate closely with engineers in small teams to craft amazing user experiences.
We focus on design and the user experience here at Canva, and we’re looking for creative and innovative designers to bring Canva to the people, create a community and to give people the inspiration and help they need to create stunning designs everyday, everywhere.
We’re looking for a holistic approach - people who can get strategy, user experience and visual design working together. It’s not just making a wireframe and you’re done, it’s really doing the research behind the design, crafting the design with care and love, testing, iterating and finally being able to carry it across and communicating about it especially with engineers.
- Design creative solutions for Canva’s marketing campaigns, landing pages, new product teasers and a wide range of other digital communications.
- Document visual designs, interactions and project requirements for development.
- Sketch concepts and wireframes to ensure the best user experience.
- Ensure consistency across all the platform in term of UI and branding.
- Prototype and build interactive experiences and animations to communicate interactions and behaviours.
- Ensure that the Canva experience spans a wide range of devices, from desktop to mobile.
- Generate creative ideas while building upon existing best practices in design and technology.
- Work closely with the product and marketing teams at Canva to help accelerate our growth around the world, in a wide range of markets.
Experience you'll have
- Minimum of 3 years in a digital design role (UX/UI)
- Online portfolio that demonstrates: Expertise in design for web and mobile, a modern style & aesthetic, creative thinking and attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Invision, Framer.
- Good organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been the ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row. We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
** Please send across your portfolio / examples of your work when applying