Classy is an online fundraising platform built for the most innovative and groundbreaking nonprofits in the world. Our goal is to not only help organizations raise more money online, but also help them interact and engage with supporters in creative ways they never deemed possible. Classy is a VC-backed San Diego startup with triple-digit revenue growth and customer retention that beats the world’s top SaaS companies. We’re the market leader in peer-to-peer fundraising, and our products are used by thousands of social impact organizations, including Oxfam America, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and Heifer International.
Our team is growing, and we are hungry and hiring to meet the incredible demand of our clients.
Our culture is and will always continue to be fun, exciting and performance oriented. Our nonprofit clients deserve a technology and a team that can help them transform the online fundraising experience and change the world, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
We are on a search for a full-time Digital Marketing Associate who is eager to develop into a digital marketing ninja. As the developing expert on the digital marketing team, you’ll be responsible for managing and developing Classy’s digital marketing efforts and contribute to supporting the future growth of the company’s digital marketing revenue requirements. This role will report to the Digital Marketing Manager.
Your main goal? Identify scalable opportunities, deliver top of the funnel traffic and optimize against yield. You will often be required to communicate our progress through data, charts/analysis and oral presentations. This critical role will help with the execution and implementation of our digital strategy and will be responsible for overseeing and reporting on specific digital marketing campaigns from end-to-end including paid social and retargeting campaigns.
We're a fast-paced, agile and rapidly growing start-up. In other words, you will wear a lot of hats and need to remain flexible. Still interested? Great, then you’ll want to know the things you’ll likely be responsible for include:
- Support in the day-to-day digital planning and execution of paid campaigns across web, social, search, display and email marketing
- Implement digital marketing strategies to increase brand awareness and lead acquisition through paid initiatives.
- Deliver digital campaigns in full and against desired success metrics
- Identify new paid traffic strategies while optimizing existing ones
- Implement A/B testing creative strategies
- Develop and manage Classy’s paid social content calendar and marketing campaigns
- Work with design to develop ad campaigns for paid social efforts to drive new leads to Classy
- Support the Lead Associate/Digital Marketing Manager in the management of and development of updates to our website, SEO efforts, paid efforts, display efforts, and all emails
- Develop and strategize new content designed specifically for digital channels
- Design test plans and implement tests and optimization efforts to maximize digital campaigns, drive new leads, and meet ROI metrics
- Update dashboards and develop a report to distribute on a regular cadence to the marketing and Classy leadership teams using data to develop informed strategic recommendations and insights
- Build and manage digital metrics and ROI measurements: create dashboard, report on results, and regularly provide recommendations for improvements and optimizations
- Create, curate and distribute both content created for general marketing needs as well as any digital specific content
- Monitor industry trends to keep the company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing
What You Must Bring to the Table
The Digital Marketing Associate ideally has a strong digital background to draw from and help bring a focused digital marketing expertise to the marketing team. Specific skills and qualifications may include:
- 1-2 years of experience in digital marketing or 2-4 years of marketing experience with campaign management background
- Experience with one or more of the following: social media advertising, SEO/SEM, display advertising, retargeting, mobile marketing
- Strong content marketing background with a solid understanding of leveraging digital channels to serve as content distribution channels
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools, Google Analytics preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field is preferred
- Hubspot and Salesforce experience a plus
To be successful at Classy, on the marketing team, and in this role, you
- Love a good challenge
- Are a rockstar communicator
- Love to make decisions with data
- Can nerd out over spreadsheets, and want your numbers to look just as good as your PowerPoints
- See value in sharing key learnings across multiple departments
- Are motivated by autonomy but ultimately believe that we are better when we work as a team
- Are comfortable with shifting priorities
- Are inspired by be part of a team that is looking to help solve the world’s social problems
- Are extremely organized, love technology & tools to help you stay organized, and would prefer to know what the plan is for 3 months from now vs. 3 days from now
- Know that you are an expert, but you also know there’s always room to grow and more to learn
- Are comfortable in some level of uncertainty and are willing to work hard, and respond when needed, to get the job done
- You uphold the highest standard of quality in your work, at all times
- Are creative & open-minded
- Work well with others, and thrive in helping to elevate the entire team
- Would rather give the whole team credit vs take credit on your own
- Are always willing to put yourself into the shoes of the consumers in order to make the best consumer experience possible
- Believe in continuous development and would happily spend personal time in trainings, webinars, networking events, etc. to sharpen mastery and stay current
We would be remiss not to mention our awesome perks!
- 2 weeks of paid-time off
- 1 week of paid sick/emergency paid-time off
- 14 paid holidays
- Half-Day Fridays the last Friday of each month (except in December)
- Monthly parking pass or Car2Go Allowance
- Supplemental Health/Dental Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Employee Stock Options
- Monthly Social Hours and Team Building Events
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in an early stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.