Stripe’s infrastructure and suite of APIs powers hundreds of thousands of businesses—from startups to Fortune 500s—in almost every country around the world. From developers and product managers to founders and CFOs, a broad audience interacts with Stripe’s products and uses them to start, run, and scale their companies. Removing the barriers to online commerce helps more new businesses get started, expedites growth for existing companies, and increases economic output and trade globally.
We operate at a significant scale, but we’re still tiny relative to the opportunity ahead, so there is still much to do. Join us and help put the global economy within everyone’s reach.
Stripe is looking for a passionate team member with experience buying digital media globally at scale. Specifically, this role is focused on paid social, display, and video. This is a key role in Stripe’s performance marketing team, and will contribute directly to Stripe’s growth.
As the Digital Marketing Lead you will be the go-to expert on all of our digital acquisition, excluding search. That includes paid social (e.g.Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Quora, Reddit, Stackoverflow, etc.), display (programmatic), and online video. You’ll work closely with our communications, performance marketing, marketing analytics, product marketing, and creative teams to plan, buy, and optimize targeted media campaigns, delivering on direct response goals. You’ll scale our programs with multi-million dollar budgets amongst an ambitious and growing team, owning both the strategy and execution. You’ll help us devise cross-channel campaigns and help drive advancement in our analytics capabilities.
You will support Stripe in deepening and broadening our media mix across digital, with a focus on display and social, but including other tactics too. You will partner with various internal stakeholders including the communications, demand journeys, marketing operations, and analytics team to make your vision come to life.
You will lead in analyzing the effectiveness of your campaigns, and have the confidence to test and learn until you find something that works - and cut things that don’t. Specifically, you will:
- Manage our digital marketing strategy globally - including identifying channels, launching tests, partnering with regional teams, and directing our agency
- Create, deploy, and optimize digital marketing campaigns across platforms and in multiple languages
- Manage and execute our global retargeting strategy across platforms
- Report on effectiveness of paid media campaigns, including creative learnings
- Develop plans and forecasts for paid acquisition programs, enabling ROI optimization
- Partner closely with internal teams including creative, analytics, journeys, field marketing, localization, and product marketing
- Partner with field performance marketing teams to align on strategy, content, deployment, and measurement of campaigns deployed on geo-specific social channels (eg: WeChat)
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience, including specific experience at scale in digital channels (paid social, display, or video)
- Strong working knowledge of Facebook Ads Manager
- Experience in targeting and converting B2B decision makers and technical audiences in a wide variety of channels including Twitter, Instagram, Stackoverflow, Substack, Reddit, Quora, and others
- Strong analytical skills, including advanced Excel
- Exceptional written, verbal, and in-person presentation skills
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand the needs of different audiences
- B2B experience desired
- Experience with tag management (Google Tag Manager, Tealium)
- Experience working with creative agencies and creative teams in support of media execution
- Experience working globally
- Distinctive problem-solving and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize between short-term demands and long-term needs
Nice to haves:
- A passion for and experience in working with technical teams
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability, with a track record of “test & learn” mindset
- Ability to multi-task and work in cross-functional, fast-paced environments with the pressure of multiple deadlines, multiple partners/ vendors, and complexity
- Excellent team player, who values other views and can earn stakeholder confidence quickly
- Strong creative marketing and communication skills
- Experience and desire for working in a start-up environment, contributing to developing business infrastructure and aggressively scaling a high growth business