Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
The Demand Generation team at Twilio is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to be our in-house lead for SEM (search) advertising and strategy. You will have one direct report,and be responsible for the day-to-day management of Twilio’s global Search Engine Marketing and other PPC programs via AdWords, Bing, and more. By growing and stimulating our top of funnel prospects, helping build an elite reporting and optimization system, and building out new campaigns and programs on behalf of Marketing stakeholders, you will directly give to our company’s large growth goals.
The right candidate for this role is a shown marketing technologist and strategist who possesses a start-up mentality, can quickly uncover new opportunities to optimize and build, takes ownership of key tools, aligns and organizes with cross-functional teams toward one mission. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
- An “owner” with 4+ years of experience in hands on SEM campaign management, along with Display and Video advertising
- Experience working directly in AdWords and Bing Ads, and supplementary platforms for PPC management and optimization
- Experience leading a team
- Ability to handle large budgets to positive return on investment goals
- Detail oriented to analyze large data sets
- You have demonstrable experience in major digital ad platforms: Google Ads (Search, Display, Video) - Google AdWords certified recommended
- Creative attitude for developing new ad units / ideas
- Consistent record in driving customer acquisition through search engines
- Proficient in Excel (pivot tables), PowerPoint, Word, and Google Docs
- Teammate with a great demeanor and a positive outlook on life (it’s not all about work).
- Ability to lead and prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Analytic acuity and confirmed experience measuring effectiveness of marketing programs to drive leads and sales.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong analytical skills, prefer proficiency with Google Analytics, Tableau, Excel
- You have excellent organizational skills and can multitask across teams, projects and priorities: from Demand Gen to Events and everything in between
- You enjoy tackling projects and simplifying systems for scale and agility. You are encouraged to act as an owner, and drive cross-functional teams towards common goals
- You want to work in a fast moving rocketship, own and design programs, have goals and responsibilities that are critical to Marketing team goals
Regarding culture, we seek people who demonstrate our values, enjoy ambitious problems, empower others to thrive, “draw the owl”, and adapt their playbook when necessary.
Partnering across the global Marketing organization -- you will:
- Hands-on management of Twilio’s paid SEM/PPC efforts; including implementation, tracking, analyzing, and optimization of SEM campaigns.
- Create, build-out and update multi-region campaigns, ad groups, keywords, and ad units for multiple product targets.
- Utilize successful bidding optimization strategies and keyword management to maintain positive return on investment metrics.
- Establish a testing cadence for text ads to improve conversion metrics.
- Work with teams to create and update keyword-specific landing pages with a focus on performance.
- Develop a plan for A|B testing new landing pages for improved conversion rates.
- Report on campaign success metrics, creative unit performance, and return on investment, analyzing the impact of SEM on customer acquisition.
- Lead current SEM budget and provide projections on future trends, traffic and budgeting needs.
- Drive increasing customer acquisition to meet monthly, quarterly and yearly goals.
- Discover and implement additional Google / Bing advertising programs (ex: Gmail Sponsored Promotion Ads).
- Monitor driven actions and research marketplace changes to provide updates and recommendations to the team.
- Become knowledge specialist of all things related to PPC and the paid search industry
- Be a central owner for Demand Generation team, you are at the controls
- Own and drive digital engagement and scale and with increasing efficiency
- Take the lead with Twilio digital ad campaigns. Plan, launch and optimize Search Engine Marketing, Paid Social and Banner Awareness campaigns across Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter in addition to other ad servers and systems
- Be creative! Take on ad copy and social imagery with Twilio’s Creative & Brand team, juggle relationships with various outside vendors and creative agencies
- Work with Marketing Operations to create elite reporting and dashboards for real-time in Tableau and other analytics platforms.
As a Digital Marketing Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze strategic markets and provide key findings to internal stakeholders.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify and qualify new inorganic growth ideas from internal and external sources and drive end-to-end execution of M&A.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in all aspects of transactions, including strategy formation, developing business cases, deal execution, and integration.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating opportunities, conducting due diligence, and negotiating agreement terms.
For anyone interested in building a career in Marketing, this role is an excellent chance to learn alongside a robust demand gen team at the intersection of all marketing activities.
Your insights, ideas, and leadership will carry Twilio to the next level of our trajectory. Because Twilio is fueling the future of communications, we have an impactful narrative that attracts millions of visitors and leads. That makes this role attractive for marketing professionals who take a data-driven approach.Small changes can make a big difference.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Irvine office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.