Casetext is a venture-backed startup seeking a Digital Marketing Manager to help grow our business and achieve our mission of making all the world’s laws free and understandable. If you are obsessed with technology and love A/B testing, analytics, optimization, and running hundreds of experiments, then this is the right role for you!
TheDigital Marketing Manager’s primary responsibility is to scalably convert Casetext’s 500,000 monthly unique free users to paid subscribers and attract the right users to the site. You will be ultimately responsible for revenues from individual subscriber sign ups and retaining individual subscriber accounts.
We are already generating revenue and are backed by Union Square Ventures, Formation 8, and Y Combinator (among others) and are well-capitalized; you’ll have all the resources you’ll need to thrive here. We offer competitive salaries, incentive bonuses, generous benefits, open offices, a tech budget to buy the tools you need, and awesome perks; and we make working fun and engaging, too!
- Optimize all aspects of the user interaction funnel from visiting the website to upgrading to a paid subscription.
- Scalably keep subscribed users engaging with the site and ultimately re-subscribing.
- Find scalable ways to bring the right users to the right places on the site.
- Strategize and execute hundreds of experiments and A/B tests that may touch on on-site messaging, trial length, email engagement, landing pages, pricing, advertising, SEO/SEM, and every other part of the user experience on Casetext.
- Design and build landing pages or other on-site interactions to help executing on your strategies.
- Use analytics and metrics (MixPanel, Google Analytics, etc.) to determine which experiments were successful.
- Talk to our users so that you deeply understand their needs, wants, and behaviors to better fashion your strategies.
- You move rapidly and are obsessed with finding the best results; you know that you’ll more likely discover the best tactic on the 200th experiment than on the 20th.
- You are not easily discouraged, and know that one failed experiment just means we need to try more things.
- You are data-driven and make decisions based on analytics.
- You are creative and capable of coming up with growth strategies that may have never been tried before.
- You keep up with best practices and experiments and know what other creative strategies other companies have done to successfully grow.
- You are self-motivated and self-sufficient, and will be able to execute on strategies without being told what to do and without relying (too much) on other departments.
- You are able to write well enough that you feel comfortable creating your own copy for landing pages and emails.
Skills and qualifications
- At least 2 years experience in a growth role, either in marketing, product, or as a Growth Hacker.
- Ability to run technology-based experiments on the site, on landing pages, and through marketing channels.
- Experience working with analytics tools, like Google Analytics, MixPanel, and Optimizely, and have used these tools to drive decision-making.
- A good familiarity with email, social, and search engine marketing channels.
- Familiarity with marketing and growth tools that can be used to engage on-site users.
- Ability to work within a budget and calculate the customer acquisition costs for the experiments you are running.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Casetext actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce, and pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.