👋 Hey, We're Founders Factory
As the Digital Product Design Lead you will provide a human centred approach to product & innovation. You have a curious and creative mind, eager to understand what makes people tick. You should love building products that customers love and be comfortable working across different sectors.
You are an individual contributor who thrives in a startup environment. You subscribe to lean methodologies and have product experience and credibility . You will support and develop the Founders Factory proposition ensuring we are seen as a key player within corporate innovation and tech.
💪 Your Responsibilities
- Taking ownership of the end to end design process, bringing to life the customer experience and the business vision/mission and getting a early MVP in market
- Having a human focused approach to building technology businesses, balancing the customer needs and the business requirements
- Communicating your ideas and progress
- Prioritise learning. Ask the right questions and seek feedback when needed
- Spotting opportunities by taking a keen interest in the business landscape and relevant technologies
- Managing your time and driving momentum within the business by subscribing to lean methodologies. Research and testing will be embedded into your process. You will use tools and methods that help move forward quicker, faster and with confidence
- Be solution-focused - make sense of a problem space by proposing and trying solutions. You can think creatively and are resourceful.
- Ensuring there is a clear vision and purpose and we are embodying and communicating the values
- Sometimes you might need to treat requirements as assumptions and validate them
- You have an ability to deliver value
- Create frameworks/workshops to tackle key product design issues
- Create and manage playbooks around working and best practices
- Create better working practices between your team
- Communicating your learnings to the design team
- Helping to solve the design challenges we face as a business
- Identifying ways of working that support the company mission
- Working to establish a strong internal/external presence for design at the Factory
- Building tactical relationships with the wider team (Venture Design, Product, Growth, Engineering)
🎯 Required skills, competencies and experience
- Demonstrated an ability to operate in an ambiguous start-up environment
- At least 5 years of design experience in roles which demonstrate leadership and ingenuity
- All the normal design tools. (Figma, Sketch, Adobe, Webflow etc..)
👌 We value
- Individual contributors
- Quick thinking and intuition, someone who can balance creativity with objective data
- A passion for creating products people love, caring about product performance is key
- The ability to operate in an ambiguous environment, adaptability is key
- Being comfortable with taking risks
- Wanting to continuously improve your skills and productivity, challenging yourself when you can
- Strong leadership that drives product
- Being approachable and optimistic
Compensation for this role is: £55-65K (depending on experience), plus shares in the global FF business (that's a growing portfolio of 250+ startups!)
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll also receive shares in the Founders Factory global portfolio.
We provide all the excitement and freedom of an early stage startup but with the stability and resources of a large organisation. This is a rare chance to contribute towards the success of impactful ventures through hiring the right people, and to springboard your career or entrepreneurial ambitions.
Growth: Work with and meet exceptional talent. Learn faster than you ever have before. Access our large network of investors and customers. Grow your career like never before. We have many growth opportunities from taking a founder route in our studio, to cross functional movement to vertical growth in your domain, to global remit & expansion. It’s all there for the taking.
Autonomy: Freedom to execute and build businesses, not just products. We encourage risk taking here.
Remote working Opportunities: Up to 5 weeks working abroad allowance each year
Hybrid Working: We usually go into the office (located in Soho Works at 180 The Strand) on Tues + Thurs. Beyond that, it's up to you where you want to work
Time off: 25 days/year, 1 extra day / quarter for mental health, monthly calendar freedom day
Health and Wellness: Comprehensive extended health care coverage and perks from Vitality, quarterly mental health days, cycle to work scheme
Family Support: Workplace nursery scheme to enable you to take care of your little ones
Perks: Monthly office events, discounts across our entire portfolio and through CharlieHR Perks
Founders Factory is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where people can authentically be themselves and are free to challenge, take risks and think creatively.
We recruit, develop, compensate and promote our team members based on merit. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out diversity of thought and experiences. We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The requirements shared in our job descriptions are guidelines. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark with the number of years of experience we are looking for, please apply and we will consider you for the role.
Please note: we have an overwhelming number of applications and will do our best to get back to you within two weeks if you fit the bill.