This position assists people with intellectual disabilities in activities of daily living, participation in the community and maintaining quality of life. Work may involve cooking meals, transportation, skills training, emotional support, and recreational activities. Must have communication skills adequate to document activities and to communicate with team members regarding the individual. Will work under moderate supervision with some latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- An interest in working with people in a respectful manner to help them achieve their goals.
- Bathe, feed, and assist individuals in dressing, maintaining personal hygiene, and learning self-help skills.
- Consult & report significant changes in individual’s physical or behavior conditions to supervisor.
- Record information accurately and legibly on proper forms and assist with logging and filing required forms.
- Assure a clean household including bed linens, laundry, dishes, etc.
- Assist preparing and serving food, in some cases following special prescribed diets.
- Supervise self-administration of medications following written directions of Physician, as directed by Registered Nurse.
- Assist individuals with following their personal schedules and in attending socialization, exercise, and recreation activities.
- Establish and maintain appropriate relationships with individuals and their families.
- Provide transportation for individuals as needed using agency provided vehicles, must be able to drive a van
- Ensure proper emergency procedures are implemented for safety and well-being
- Teach new skills and implement training programs, treatment, therapy, or developmental programs for individuals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Have a willingness to learn about intellectual disabilities and how to make a difference in people’s lives
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with individuals with intellectual disabilities, families, staff and other health professionals.
- Demonstrate initiative and commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Flexibility to respond to individuals changing needs
- Excellent time management and organizational skills highly preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 3-6 months related experience in personal care is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License and a good driving record
SALARY: $15.00 an hour until December 19th, 2020. Hourly will become $10.00 an hour December 20th, 2020
SHIFT: Saturday & Sunday 8am - 8pm
For full-time employees, we offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, FSA, 401(k), voluntary benefits, Paid Time- Off (PTO) and Extended Illness (EI), and Holidays.
If interested please complete an online application at LifePath Systems Job Openings and attach your resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LifePath Systems is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To read more about this, view the EEO is the Law poster and this EEO is the Law Poster Supplement.