The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
As Director, Ad Sales Monetization & Revenue Optimization for The Orchard, you are vital in leading and scaling our fast-growing ad sales operations team and are responsible for overseeing continued revenue growth for our YouTube Ad Sales business.
You are a positive, smart, creative and thoughtful forward-thinker. You will steer ad sales strategy and operations for The Orchard’s MCN and premium channels. The Orchard’s YouTube MCN, consists of over 5,000 YouTube channels with 245M global subscribers and 18B views per month and contains top global channels like Canal KondZilla, Ozuna, Daddy Yankee, Rotana, and more.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and refine The Orchard’s Multi Channel Network (MCN) ad sales strategy, with a focus on revenue growth, optimization, product development and operations flow; build and maintain expert knowledge of YouTube channel best practices, music industry and social media news and trends, and the MCN/ digital video competitive landscape
- Manage CRM/sales pipeline and set/optimize rate card to adapt to market rate
Manage the relationship between The Orchard Ad Sales and 3rd party partners- Google/Youtube and Trafficking teams
- Regularly analyze and report on our ad sales team performance, defining trends both at the channel, territory, and platform level; track, analyze, and report on channel and category process using metrics like CPM, RPM, watch time, viewership, and subscriber demographics
- Develop and test new strategies for audience growth by creatively identifying and implementing tactics across the network; strategize key initiatives to further support clients, increase revenue and maintain and improve our value proposition
- Work closely with product development teams to propose, prioritize and help develop technology that creates revenue, value & scale for our video ad sales business
- Become a Nielsen and Comscore expert and understand the nuances of the data and rules
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field(s). MBA is a plus.
5+ of years experience in YouTube MCN revenue management, domestically and globally. Thorough understanding of the ad marketplace, influencer space, and video monetization. Music industry experience preferred with an understanding of how the music business operates and the evolving streaming landscape
- Financial modeling and business development experience preferred.
- In-depth understanding of rapidly evolving digital landscape with proven ability to harness it in an effort to reach goals (e.g. audience growth, platform strategies)
- Results-driven, with proven track record of meeting and exceeding aggressive revenue goals; possess a “customer service” mentality to ensure the needs of labels and senior management are met in a timely and satisfactory manner
What We Give You:
- An opportunity to influence music on a global stage
- A modern, diverse and creative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
- An investment in your learning & development
- A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including healthcare coverage, life insurance, generous leave policies, 401K + employer matching, Winter recess (Christmas through New Year’s), voluntary benefits, industry-leading mental health and fertility coverage, family resources and education financial assistance
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit www.theorchard.com.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.