*Please note that while this role will operate remotely, it is required that the candidate resides in the East Region and within 50 miles of a major airport. States included in Yelp's defined East Region include: Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Florida.*
Yelp’s mission is to connect people with great local businesses. Yelp’s Enterprise team partners with National businesses to provide industry leading digital advertising solutions. Yelp’s Audience Platform (YAP) product delivers strong ROI by helping clients connect with potential customers at the bottom of the purchase funnel.
The Director, Audience Platform Growth role is the face of Yelp’s Audience Platform business and supports our revenue growth with our largest clients and prospective customers. This is a client facing role where you will be a key influencer in the sales cycle, partnering with sales reps and leadership to be the authority of YAP during meetings. Through your client engagement, you will be instrumental in defining and improving our go-to-market strategy, while reporting on all areas of the business.
You are an expert in the programmatic and digital advertising ecosystem, possessing knowledge of all digital advertising models and major platforms (including DSP’s, SSP‘s, DMP’s & Attribution providers). You serve as a thought leader within the business and are curious, driven, creative, and hungry to build something big at Yelp.
Where You Come In:
- You will support organization revenue goals by joining client calls to demonstrate platform capabilities, sell in the value and help overcome client objections
- You will lead the development of our Yelp Audience Platform (YAP) playbook, clearly outlining the platform’s best sales practices, improving our sales efficiency in partnership with Sales Enablement and Customer Success teams
- You will provide regular reporting on the state of the business, analyzing trends and sharing insights with leadership to improve our sales strategy and product
- You will create and establish processes and policies in collaboration with Customer Success & Business Operations teams
- You will serve as the sales subject matter expert on YAP and our process, including display, mobile, video, CTV, DSP’s, and third-party audiences & data capabilities
- You will represent YAP as a key liaison in coordinating with other internal functions (e.g. Product, BizDev, Finance, Marketing, etc.)
- You will assist Sales and Product Marketing in pitching new partnerships and features
- You will provide ongoing feedback to the Product Management team to improve capabilities and offerings
- You will provide executive leadership recommendations across the digital landscape, rooted in revenue growth supported by data driven insights
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have a BA/BS degree or similar college level education
- You have 10+ years in digital advertising sales or programmatic roles and 5+ years extensive experience using DSPs & ad serving platforms
- You have knowledge of the ad tech landscape including areas such as viewability & verification, brand safety, audience management/DMPs, multi-touch attribution
- You have knowledge of advertising channels across Display (desktop, mobile), Digital Video, ConnectedTV, Audio, various buying methodologies (CPM, CPC, CPA) and inventory types (open exchange, programmatic guaranteed, PMP etc)
- You have excellent analytical, data driven strategy and project management skills
- You have strong attention to detail, process optimization orientation and problem solving skills
- You possess deep understanding of the programmatic landscape, including digital trends, data privacy regulations, and are comfortable operating in multiple ad tech platforms
You have the ability to work with and respectfully influence all levels of the organization
- You are a motivated go-getter with a high capacity to multitask and prioritize
- You have experience developing business process modeling, process maps, visual flow representation accompanied by detailed process documentation
- You are able to navigate uncertainty successfully for all parties and lead to desired outcomes
- You believe in Yelp’s mission and naturally put the company and team first
- You play well with others, you treat others with respect, bring a positive attitude to the table and value diversity in viewpoints
- You are ready and willing to roll up your sleeves and build something big at Yelp
What You'll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.