ID.me simplifies how people securely prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button.
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated digital migration for many critical services. Those services require a trusted identity to safeguard against fraud and help ensure people are who they claim to be. With ID.me, login and identity credentials move with people, which can reduce the time and frustration of having to verify at multiple sites and set up multiple passwords.
ID.me is a credential service provider compliant with federal standards for digital identity verification.
In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
We're seeking a strategic, data-driven leader to build and scale our content marketing efforts at ID.me. As the Content Marketing Director, you'll develop the function's strategy, set its vision, and support product, sales, and marketing team goals. Your work will be highly visible, cross-functional, and broad in scope. Priorities include using data and insights to identify content marketing opportunities, designing programs that get measurable results, and working closely with our product and sales teams to create high-quality content. The ideal candidate has an understanding of B2C consumer journeys and demand generation
- Orchestrate content strategies across all marketing platforms
- Develop message and strategy for content marketing and content assets for campaign marketing
- Drive traffic and engagement that translates to sales and brand promotion
- Implement non-technical SEO best practices
- Produce high-quality articles, white papers, blogs, press releases, email marketing messages, case studies, presentation content, marketing videos, survey reports and web copy
- Write clear, concise, well-polished copy, consistent with our company’s tone and mission
- Act as the main point of contact for the currently enlisted content agency, directing content creation strategy and providing content briefs
- Edit content produced by the marketing team, including conceptualizing the projects upfront, assigning projects, and overseeing development and copy-editing prior to publishing
- Continuously measure and improve content performance; create and present reports leveraging Google Analytics, HubSpot, and social media analytics tools
- Build and maintain editorial and social calendar and written guidelines
- Define, collect and update a repository of key data insights to be used in content marketing
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and customer challenges in order to build an effective editorial calendar
- Operate as a player/coach, also delivering high-quality content projects as needed.
- Work closely with senior leaders, marketing teammates, and other departments to create effective communications strategies that articulate our product’s core benefits
- Push the business to adopt better content creation practices through frequent testing of new content formats and distribution channels, including championing the increased use of data visualization
- Develop and execute a comprehensive content strategy for customer acquisition and growing our brand voice.
- Manage and create a rich content calendar that supports a regular cadence of various types of content, including blog posts, white papers, ebooks, reports, videos, and infographics, that are aligned to the buyer journey.
- Develop our editorial style guide and tone guidelines to ensure a cohesive brand voice.
- Work with vendors, agencies, and freelancers to produce content
- Serve as the ID.me in-house editor for both internal and external content.
- Measure and optimize the effectiveness of our content by developing reporting, KPIs, and metrics for each content channel
- Lead the distribution and promotion strategy for content pieces with SEO, email, content syndication, and partnering with demand generation.
- Mastery of content strategy with at least 7 years of experience creating effective content strategies, and you have the ROIs to prove it.
- You’re a strategic thinker, able to help shape our process needs in order to achieve organizational goals.
- Ideally, you have Saas experience, but not required.
- Strong people management skills, with a track record of helping content creators thrive.
- You possess skills to communicate a product or a brand’s story compellingly, and a design sensibility to envision how content could be presented or distributed in formats other than text-based articles, such as infographics or multimedia presentations
- You bring a detailed understanding of customer behavior and the facility to anticipate their needs/desires.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with a high capacity to collaborate with internal teams as well as external partners and vendors.
- You have a portfolio of high-quality work showing a variety of content types, lengths and tones.
- You bring analytical abilities that help you collect key business and user insights and apply their strategic planning skills to build a long-term vision for the generated content.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, journalism, or business, or relative experience
- Experience with Salesforce, Pardot, Asana, and content marketing systems.
- You're a self-starter who can articulate big ideas and exciting trends. You don’t get bogged down by the little things. You are eager and able to iterate quickly.