Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Director of Brand Design to help us empower the modern generation of designers and technologists.
About the role
Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Director, Brand Design, you’ll …
- Directly manage, develop, and grow a group of brand designers focused on web and creative design
- Help define Webflow’s brand strategy with leadership
- Provide strategic direction for team members to be autonomous in executing campaigns and contribute to the evolution of the Webflow brand
- Be an active member of our designer leadership team — that includes product design and user research — to foster a psychologically safe and creative environment
- Promote and cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion, and include it in your team’s roadmap
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Director, Brand Design if you:
- Have experience leading in-house brand design teams at scaling companies
- Experience building out in-house design operations and partnerships with external agencies/contractors
- Strong communicator and collaborator; experience working with executives and leaders
- Passion for mentoring and coaching creative teams, as well as attracting new talent
- Thrive in an environment of cross-functional collaboration. This role works closely with Marketing, Education, Sales and Customer Success, and Leadership
- Experience in content development for various marketing channels: illustration, video, text, digital ads, events, etc.
- Have experience leading remote design teams
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Director, Brand Design and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.