We’re Ada. We’re an ambitious team based out of Toronto that enables businesses around the world to provide incredible customer service. Our AI-powered platform has automated more than 75 million+ conversations for companies like Shopify, TELUS, Upwork, and Zoom – and we’re just getting started.
You can learn more about the founding of our company here. Just as the field of machine learning continues to advance, so do we. And it is the passion of our people and dedication to our craft that continues to drive our dramatic growth.
We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us.
As our first Director, Brand Design, you will have experience evolving the brand design for other world class, fast-growing, digital-first companies. You will lead in evangelizing and standardizing the Ada brand design principles internally and externally, to ensure we are projecting a consistent, differentiated and memorable brand.
You understand how to use design and brand to cut through the noise in a crowded market, and to stand out, and even better if you have experience doing that for another market-making B2B software vendor.
You understand the value of a strong and differentiated brand, but can also move quickly, at the chaotic pace a fast-growing startup requires. Part-planner, part-new business insights creator and part trend watcher - it is your job to connect the dots between human behaviour, product, design development and business strategy.
- A recognized industry leader with a strong track record that demonstrates originality, innovation and multi-disciplinary thinking
- Experience in balancing creative vision with business priorities/objectives
- Strong leadership skills and can organize, motivate, and elevate the creative output and skills of those around you
- Strong understanding and experience with the creative process and how to evaluate creative output in design, art direction, and copy
- Experience working with photographers, directors, illustrators and vendors is essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting under tight deadlines and budgets, with strong project and time management skills
- Comfortable working both autonomously and collaboratively with a team
- Knowledge and understanding of the SaaS industry
- Eager to take on new challenges, introduce and implement new approaches and ideas, grow, test and learn
- Must be able to work in an entrepreneurial environment and be a self-starter
- In partnership with the Director, Product Marketing, cultivate a deep understanding of Ada’s product, the benefits it provides and the market opportunity at hand
- Build a design strategy and creative vision to evangelize Ada’s value and grow market share
- Manage the executing team that’s bringing the vision to life through design - on all of our digital channels (social, web, email, PPC ads, virtual events)
- Balance design strategy with Ada’s business objectives + priorities, holding your team accountable to measurable KPIs and marketing/sales targets
- Ensure all creative assets are of highest quality, reflect brand standards, are on budget and on time
- Lead the creation, execution, and continual evolution of Ada’s brand and design guidelines
- Assess and measure design impact to ensure ideas are as powerful in reality as they are in concept
- Oversee and standardize both in-house and outsourced execution and production of creative work, across the organization
- Develop strong and positive relationships with the creative community to recruit top talent
Ada is a rapidly growing digital first company in a thriving AI ecosystem. We optimize our communication, collaboration and generally, the way we work for the digital world instead of in-person. With flexible working hours, together we'll determine a schedule that fits your style and the requirements of your role.
We are backed by world-class investors, including Accel, FirstMark, Bessemer Venture Partners and Version One. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company. Our work is rooted in authenticity, courage, empathy, and simplicity. We use these values to create a culture that encourages groundbreaking results, career progression, and community investment.
Ada is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. Like our Platform, we are inclusive to all, and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients and their customers.