Director, Branded Operations
Reporting to the VP Operations, Branded, the Director of Operations, Branded is responsible for creating and maintaining a healthy ecosystem of processes, systems, management practices, and for fostering a cycle of continuous learning and performance improvement so that the Branded Team is always moving towards maximum operational effectiveness. The ideal candidate is a systems thinker and dot-connector, has a deep understanding of the creative process, is passionate about process innovation and brings positive energy and commitment to everything they do. He/she is a supportive manager and an effective delegator but also enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves to tackle projects both big and small.
This job is full-time, based in Los Angeles, and we offer competitive compensation and stock option program. Not to mention – a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks. Please include a cover letter with your application.
- Work cross-functionally with business teams on process optimization initiatives
- Identify scalable solutions, including the creation and/or implementation of tools and processes, to improve productivity for the branded business
- Provide visibility into the branded production pipeline to ensure optimal staffing across projects and timely delivery of in-progress programs
- Facilitate transfer of knowledge and best practices between departments, empowering all teams with the necessary information to successfully produce branded products and offerings
- Manage internal operations for existing and new ad product offerings; create workflows and processes, identify execution teams and escalation paths, lead internal trainings, etc.
- Oversee internal creative resource management, providing transparency into team utilization and workload capacity
- Maintain business operations reporting and analysis
- Track program and product KPIs, leveraging data and feedback to inform ad product recommendations and future process improvements
- Own the implementation and maintenance of internal or third-party project management tools
- Develop strong relationships with key Internal stakeholders across sales, client service and creative teams
- 8+ years experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Passionate about social media and BuzzFeed products
- Strong creative problem-solving skills and an ability to come up with unique solutions to complex problem
- Solution-oriented approach and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and fluid environment, as well as situations of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Startup experience a plus
- Seeks accuracy with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates organizational, planning, and execution skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort with client interfacing role
- Demonstrated proclivity in Technology, Internet and/or Media/Advertising
- Project Management with integrated content production experience preferred
- Video experience preferred
- Strong, proven management and communication skills
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 1.5B monthly video views.