Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
The Business Development team is responsible for helping accelerate the growth and monetization of Matterport by identifying, executing and managing partnerships and strategic initiatives in collaboration with product and other cross-functional teams.
Matterport is looking to hire a Director of Business Development & Alliances to play a critical role in developing and executing on a partnership strategy focused on driving Matterport adoption and usage within key vertical markets. Our future business development teammate will be responsible for identifying, growing and managing high-impact partnerships in the United States, while working closely with our international business development teammates to further scale strategy and playbooks globally. The position is based in San Francisco, California or Sunnyvale, California and reports directly to the VP of Business Development & Alliances.
This position requires 50% travel, both domestically and internationally, during normal times, not during pandemic.
- Identify the highest impact market opportunities within our key verticals and formulate go-to-market strategies in collaboration with product, sales and marketing teams
- Collaborate with in-country, market business development leads to inform and guide strategy based on global context
- Cultivate, close and grow strategic partnerships with key ecosystem companies, early adopter partners and industry players
- Work alongside the direct sales and channel sales team to identify partnership opportunities that help drive partner-enabled and influenced customer leads and channel growth
- Structure and successfully negotiate to close partnerships with meaningful impact and measurable results
- BS/BA degree
- 5+ years of experience in a business development or equivalent role, with experience working directly with external partners and internal cross-functional teams
- BS/BA degree in a technically related field; MBA or a JD is a plus
- 7+ years of business development experience at enterprise SaaS companies, with experience working directly senior leaders internally and external partners
- Proven ability to operate in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment, providing thought leadership and market context to drive consensus and reach key decisions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to build strategy, frameworks around and optimize partnerships using a metrics-driven approach
- Demonstrated experience in drafting term sheets and negotiating complex, multi-faceted and sometimes first in kind partnerships
- Ability to financially model and project returns on new initiatives and efforts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Strong personal initiative with proven ability to execute with little supervision and adapt to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
Matterport is shaking up the 3D world. Our team has developed an end-to-end 3D platform that allows anyone to create, edit, and share 3D models of real-world spaces. Our tools are already used by thousands of professionals in a variety of industries, including insurance, architecture, construction, manufacturing, real estate, hospitality, and location-scouting, as well as by hobbyists who just want to dive into 3D capture.
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.