The Director, Business Development is responsible for structuring and negotiating a wide variety of transactions, with a focus on deals relating to the development, production and distribution of BuzzFeed Motion Pictures (BFMP) Content.
The position will report to the Global Head of BD (based in NY).
- This position will be expected to source, structure, negotiate and implement transactions from start to finish; the successful candidate must work closely with senior executives within the Company (including Sales, Marketing and Legal) to coordinate and communicate throughout all stages of a deal
- Manage certain BuzzFeed Motion Pictures third party relationships
- Advise and support senior executives and other management personnel on key business issues and rights matters
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience sourcing, structuring, negotiating and implementing complex transactions
- Strong entertainment industry relationships.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in Business Development in the entertainment and/or digital media industry
- Experience sourcing, structuring, negotiating and implementing entertainment deals (e.g., production, distribution, live events, etc.)
- Superior analytical and writing skills with strong business and financial acumen
- Ability to strategize and think creatively; strong problem solving skills
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute multiple, high-priority projects simultaneously
- Professional, confident demeanor and a team player
- Ability to perform duties under minimal supervision while exercising discretion and independent, sound judgment
- Must excel in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 1.5B monthly video views.