At Assurance we are disrupting the antiquated and inefficient world of insurance and financial services. Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals are modernizing how people obtain and manage their financial life all through our powerful platform ecosystem. We are rapidly growing as we expand our product offerings and global footprint, and this growth continues to present new and exciting challenges as we push our industry into its future. We eliminate waste throughout the industry and calculate the complex into simple, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We are humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
About the Position
As Director, Business Development, Healthcare you will be responsible for the prospecting, negotiating, executing and launching of new partnerships with a goal of generating new business for Assurance. You will develop strategic business relationships with organizations that will be able to drive consumers to our Medicare and under 65 health businesses. Assurance is looking for a dynamic, high impact, relationship driven player with an impressive track record of securing successful partnership deals in the insurtech and other industries.
What you will do:
- Identify, negotiate, and sign deals with new partners to build out new revenue streams for Assurance.
- Understanding the broad ecosystem of businesses that touch consumers that buy Health and Medicare insurance individually (not through an employer) is crucial to success.
- Meet or exceed monthly Revenue KPI’s.
- Track record of consistent and tenacious high-volume outbound efforts to build a pipeline of prospects. (calls, social, email etc.)
- Coordinate among multiple internal teams to launch and manage these new partnerships; teams include marketing, engineering, legal and compliance.
- Conduct business and market evaluations periodically to identify and assess growth opportunities and to influence product development priorities.
- Anticipate potential business challenges within each partnership relationship and propose solutions and recommendations to move the business forward.
- Stay relevant with competitive information, trends, forward vision and perspective.
- Build communication plan to keep our team informed on KPI’s status on a regular basis.
- Manage and grow pipeline of potential and strategic partnership targets.
- Experience using SalesForce as database management tool
- 5+ years of business experience, preferably in business development partnerships.
- Insurance Industry is preferred
- Exceptional phone, written, and interpersonal skills
- Thrives in a high‐tech, fast‐paced, team‐oriented environment
- Exudes enthusiasm, a positive attitude, self‐motivation, and strong work ethic
- Demonstrable high-energy initiative.
Please review our CCPA policies here