Recruiter: Mark Hartley
Hiring Manager: Roy Ng
Twilio’s Business Operations & Strategy team plays a critical role in shaping and driving strategic, operational and organizational improvements across the company. The team will partner with and support business owners across functions, working on a range of critical projects and issues – from new growth initiatives and business models, to competitive intelligence, to investment priorities and operational model optimization. You will be at the forefront in helping Twilio clarify fast-moving strategic priorities, tackle operational challenges and enable growth and innovation.
About the job:
We are looking for a highly strategic, driven, and analytical executive to lead Business Operations & Strategy. You and the Business Operations & Strategy team will partner with our departments to tackle high priority topics for Twilio, including strategic and operational initiatives and data analytics. As the leader of the team, you will have an incredible opportunity to have a big impact on a fast growing company disrupting software and communications.
The Business Operations & Strategy leader must have a strong background in developing and managing a team. The leader must have strong communications skills and can translate strategy into execution, taking into account Twilio’s core values. The right candidate will have a proven track record of systematically improving operational effectiveness over time through planning, communication, and execution. In addition, the leader must be a creative and strategic thinker that will develop new, non-traditional methods to solve business issues and drive results. This position will report to our Chief Operating Officer.
- Lead, coach, develop, grow and retain Twilio’s high-performance Business Operations & Strategy team.
- Advocate for and coach the Business Operations & Strategy team to prioritize when projects are stalled or challenged due to competing priorities.
- Create operational processes and practices that drive efficiencies for the Business Operations & Strategy team, Executive team, Management team and the broader Twilio organization.
- Articulate and present business operations and strategy related topics to audiences at all levels, including C-level executives and the Board.
- Champion efforts across the organization to improve team effectiveness and contribute to making Twilio a great place to work.
- Drive visible strategic projects partnering with senior leaders within Twilio – such as developing new commercialization models for new products, customer funnel conversion analysis, annual strategy and operational planning processes.
- Lead the cross-functional project planning efforts of Twilio projects, or other cross-functional teams in defining and implementing their strategy and operational plans.
- Use quantitative analysis to drive business decisions. Work with business owners to develop metrics, processes, and dashboards to monitor and understand drivers of marketing performance
- Improve the efficiency of business operations through the development of key KPIs and metrics - proactively review and identify lead and lag indicators, developing a cadence with the team to maintain an ongoing outlook of the business and report performance.
- Proactively identify, develop and drive longer-term strategies and initiatives to deliver growth & superior execution.
- Autonomously handle ad-hoc requests from the business.
- Analyze current business performance and build statistical models to extrapolate current and historical trends into forward-looking forecasts.
- Provide deep analytical support and business context to identify and drive critical growth initiatives.
- Demonstrate the ability to influence outcomes and decisions (not just report on analytics).
- BS or MS in Math, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or other quantitative field from top tier university
- 10+ years of work experience in business strategy, finance, analytics or planning experience; preferably someone who has some engineering and/or technical experience
- 5+ years in leading, managing and growing teams; demonstrated ability recruit top talent and managing team growth
- Experience at top tier management consulting firm or bulge bracket investment bank preferably with experience working with technology clients
- Experience working in high-growth, performance-focused environments.
- Demonstrated experience in hiring, managing, developing and retaining professionals at all levels.
- Deep interest in analyzing data and the ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making
- Demonstrated experience partnering with executive-level stakeholders to drive change across multiple business sectors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; proven experience articulating business operations and strategy related concepts to all audiences, including C-level executives and the Board.
- Passion for technology and well-versed on latest technology trends.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; proven ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical contributors, management and executive leadership.
- Exceptional ability to problem-solve individually or in a group setting and understand key financial drivers of the business
- Ability to shift priorities quickly, while maintaining a high degree of organization and control
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.