The overall challenge… Build and Enhance a Supply chain Management strategy for Indirect Procurement
Vimpelcom is on the move and is aiming to become the best telco provider in the world. Therefore we focus on innovation and efficiency. To become best in class in organizational design and transparency , we focus on establishing a state of the art international procurement organization. For our indirect procurement team, we are looking for a Director Category Real Estate Services
Group Indirect Procurement is responsible for the procurement of Marketing, Real Estate, Travel and Fleet, Professional Services and Supply Chain. With a geographical and functional spread and a focus on centralization of procurement, our department is taking huge steps in showing added value for vimpelcom.
One of our key-jobs in the department is currently vacant and it’s justified to state that this is a mature career opportunity for a Procurement and Real-Estate professional with strong knowledge of process optimization who wants to drive and lead our global category challenge on Travel and Fleet !
The job in a nutshell….
In this role you will lead our global indirect procurement strategy for one of the biggest global operating TELCO operators. We look for a strong and ambitious professional who has the persistent and entrepreneurial personality to engage with vendors, management and the team to make his or her mark. Communication is key in succeeding internally and externally!
· Leads the procurement activities of the category group: Travel & Fleet
· Ensures that the spend for this category is managed globally, leveraging Group negotiating power
· Initiates significant cost reductions and year-over-year productivity improvements while maintaining or improving product quality and vendor service levels
· Works closely with key stakeholders to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans
· The total Travel & Fleet spend is divided into subcategories such as Airlines, Hotels, Rental Cars, Fleet, Agency Fees
So what do you do?
· Responsible for overall category group results and implementation, including compliance
· Measure and track internal performance of the category group
· Manage category group spend fully through global negotiations and contracts
· Monitor strategy implementation for the category group
· Champion and secure holistic reductions for a Category Group, incl. TCO, FX, payment terms
· Oversee development/ execution of strategies through the strategic sourcing process of the Category Group
· Drive annual productivity improvements in each spend category
· Oversee the process to select and manage suppliers
· Develop and implement market oriented global category sourcing and supplier management strategies to achieve competitive advantage through lowest purchase cost and value improvements consistent with the direction set by the business.
· Transformation of regional local procurement professionals into a virtual Group team to execute the strategy and deliver the annual savings targets, as well as enhanced capabilities and innovation where applicable.
· Deliver results in key performance areas including cost management, market & financial forecast accuracy, service & quality, process improvements, innovation, and alignment with internal business partners.
· Understand stakeholder requirements and define, develop and implement the optimal strategy that delivers Group and local objectives.
· Develop expertise within the organization around the supply markets and the impacts of governmental, technological, and economic changes that impact those markets.
· Manage and develop strategic supplier relationships, acting as the primary interface on behalf of VimpelCom Group to key category suppliers.
· Lead specific projects to increase the effectiveness of the Group category team.
What should you bring to the table?
· Mature Leadership skills
· Experience in Procurement and Category management
· Bachelor degree (preferred master degree) in law, engineering or business studies
· Strong communication and influencing skills (e.g., communication with management across all functions, levels and geographies)
· Ability to lead and interact with cross-functional teams
· Strong intercultural collaboration skills to interact with country organizations
· Drive and flexibility
This job has been filled or removed by VimpelCom.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Director Category Travel and Fleet job post.✕