Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
Matterport is looking for a passionate, dynamic leader of Matterport for Good. This role will oversee and manage our Corporate Social Impact (Matterport For Good) initiatives with 3 primary areas of focus:
Employee Experiences - Matterport is a workplace that values diversity, inclusion and belonging to give everyone an opportunity to excel.
Community Experiences - Matterport is deeply involved in the community through our products, employees, partnerships, and volunteering efforts.
User Experiences - Matterport products, services and content are equitable for all.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Director of Matterport For Good will play a key role in defining the Company’s position as a socially responsible company by shaping priorities and goals, working with the business to create initiatives that support strategic objectives and leading projects that create positive impact.
In this blended, strategic leadership role, you will serve as the champion of advancing our DIB vision, strategy and initiatives in a fast-paced global technology company as well as engaging customers and employees to develop, manage and measure the company’s social responsibility charter and philanthropic efforts. You will be responsible for the formation and execution of strategies that are foundational to the diversity, social and environmental objectives of the company in support of the company’s purpose, values and people strategy that positively impact the communities we serve and in which we live and work. These efforts will also help develop, maintain and evolve an inclusive culture at the company.
This role requires someone who thinks strategically and can also build the various programs that create a positive impact in support of the Company’s values and priorities. The candidate selected for this role must be able to build effective internal and external partnerships, bring business acumen to decision-making, thrive in an entrepreneurial “roll-up-your sleeves” environment, and who isn’t afraid to push the boundaries of what’s possible to make positive change for our users, employees and the communities in which we operate.
You will be an expert and advocate, using a data-driven approach to impact positive change, fostering inclusivity and belonging. Collaborating across the business and the HR organization, this leader will develop DIB (Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging) and CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) best practices and deploy strategies that improve our diverse representation and engagement and create a positive impact on our communities.
- Oversee our DIB and CSR functions on a global scale.
- Partner with design, product and development teams to address unconscious bias in our products and services.
- Develop and execute the DIB and CSR vision, objectives, strategies and standards, in line with our company mission, values and user expectations.
- Establish, measure and report on metrics that substantiate progress against our DIB and CSR objectives and provide regular reporting to senior leadership.
- Elevate our DIB and CSR efforts throughout business line functions and work in partnership with key cross functional stakeholders to ensure we drive impact.
- Identify and champion philanthropic-giving and partnerships that align with company and brand impact priorities.
- Act as central liaison and representative for all corporate giving activities, champion CSR efforts externally with key partners to position the company as an industry leader in social responsibility.
- Leverage industry knowledge and trends to develop new, innovative programs that delight our employees and users alike.
- Partner with the business and HR leadership to co-design and implement the DIB roadmap under the people strategy.
- Incorporate elements of diversity and inclusion into the strategic plan for all people and business processes, ensuring global alignment while tailoring for local/country needs.
- Partner with the People & leadership teams to develop accountability mechanisms and socialize analytics and dashboards.
- Act as a thought leader internally and externally, sharing perspectives, best practices and resources.
- Own the collaboration between and with the internal ERG groups and Diversity Council, spearheading the development and growth of the groups and their sponsors to ensure lasting business and social impact.
- Responsible for annual CSR report design and publishing as well as any customer requirements for disclosures as part of government or RFP processes.
- Research and report on local, regional and national trends in DIB and CSR.
- Partner with recruiting and managers to develop a robust DIB recruiting strategy and train leaders and managers on our philosophy.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with learning institutions, business organizations and causes that focus on promoting and enhancing DIB and CSR.
- Collaborate with Matterport’s leadership team to ensure internal and external practices promote DIB and CSR outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, graduate degree preferred.
- 10+ years working in corporate social responsibility, diversity, talent with in-depth knowledge of the domestic NGO landscape.
- Strategic thinker who understands how to balance strategy and business acumen to best invest resources and maximize impact.
- Willingness to be entrepreneurial and “own” the function.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing innovative, insight-driven DIB and CSR strategies and programs, with a data driven approach.
- Organized, results orientated with strong project management skills.
- Dynamic team player with strong relationship building and communication skills.
- Self starter, able to work in a fast paced environment and navigate ambiguity well.
- Proven passion and business impact with a focus on DIB and CSR.
- Global experience required.
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge in the space, including an understanding of global trends and best practices.
- Expertise using data and metrics to story tell, communicate strategic vision, and ensure accountability across multiple groups.
- Writing and producing content for news media, web, social and internal communications channels.
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills. Experience with public speaking/events planning and a proven ability to collaborate and navigate from the employee to the Board level with finesse, confidence and composure.
- Ability to influence, gain buy in and implement change with senior leadership, cross functionally.
- Objective and balanced leader who is a curious learner and can take perspective to understand multiple facets of complex situations.
- An empowered self-starter able to work without significant oversight, and follow through to impactful execution.
- Strong integrity, decision making and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Mix of larger scale public and global startup/technology company experience preferred.
Matterport is shaking up the 3D world. Our team has developed an end-to-end 3D platform that allows anyone to create, edit, and share 3D models of real-world spaces. Our tools are already used by thousands of professionals in a variety of industries, including insurance, architecture, construction, manufacturing, real estate, hospitality, and location-scouting, as well as by hobbyists who just want to dive into 3D capture.
Matterport is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.