Everyday we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build responsive and flexible cloud, mobile, and edge computing applications that scale effortlessly. Couchbase delivers unmatched versatility, performance, scalability and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, distributed cloud and edge commuting deployments. The database market is one of the largest undisturbed markets for enterprise software. The main catalyst for this is the need for digital transformation. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
Location: This role is open to Remote, Hybrid, or an in-office Santa Clara, CA based role.
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Like open source? So do we: Couchbase and its engineers are active open source contributors for Couchbase, memcached, and other projects.
- Create and enhance the world’s best cloud database query engine which developers love and enterprises will rely on for mission-critical OLTP needs
- Manage the team of experienced developers and architects and lead the query scrum to make excellence routine
- Work with support and field on customer POCs and customer issues
- Mentor the engineers and inspire them to achieve their aligned goals
- Discuss and debate with your peers and product managers as you help figure out product requirements and the architectural approach to getting things built
- Research industry and academic leading-edge query and indexing to provide guidance to the team
- Think quality; think leverage. Develop high-quality software and use unit, component, and end-to-end CI automation tests and performance benchmarks so we know we have high-quality database service
- You’re a self-motivated, independent, and high-performance manager. You learn quickly and you enjoy worthy challenges
- You’re a good communicator and an excellent team leader, both locally and remotely
- You love helping teams build enterprise software
- You have 4+ years of commercial or open source software experience (prefer experience with packaged, downloadable software)
- You can hack in C and C++ but you also like the intoxicating power of working in higher-level languages like Go.
- You think both SQL and NoSQL are cool; And SQL on NoSQL is cooler 😁
- BS Computer Science or commensurate experience
Couchbase is named one of DTBA’s top 100 companies that matter in data. At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers end-to-end technical solutions for all our customers with high-performance, flexible and scalable modern databases that run across the data centers and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. See our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
- Unlimited time off (DTO)
- Matching 401K contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Monthly credit towards a lifestyle spending account
- An ergonomic and comfortable in-office setup, with food and supporting technology, to assist in the setup of an efficient WFH and office environment
-And much more!
Learn more about Couchbase:
Couchbase is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join an impact initiative group and experience the amazing feeling of Couchbase can-do culture.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice following guidelines in your country of application.