Launched in September 2015, OakNorth Bank provides fast, flexible and accessible debt finance (from £500k to £45m) to fast-growth businesses.
Through leveraging the ON Credit Intelligence Software, OakNorth Bank has become the fastest-growing business in Europe according to the Financial Times (FT 1000), and has performance metrics that place it amongst the top 1% of banks globally. OakNorth Bank has lent several billion pounds to hundreds of businesses across the UK thereby creating tens of thousands of new homes and jobs across the country. Its commercial lending arm is supported by its deposits franchise, offering a range of Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) protected products to savers at all stages of life and to businesses at all stages of growth.
OakNorth Holdings (the group which includes OakNorth Bank plc and the various OakNorth software entities around the world) has raised over $1bn from leading investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, NIBC, SMBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
- Report to Senior Director, Credit Risk
- Work with, challenge and develop the Debt Finance team and India Analysis team to achieve high quality review and analysis of SME lending applications
- Meet clients with Debt Finance team, giving early structuring and credit appetite steer
- Produce high quality independent analysis and recommendations to Credit Committee
- Have a record of high quality credit decision-making and analysis
- Assist with the production of documentation and taking of security and any other post sanction conditions, taking loans very quickly to drawdown
- Support Portfolio Management team in any monitoring/problem management processes
- Record data on lending applications and assess reliability of risk models within the Bank
- Ensure that the data used by the firm to assess its risks is fit for purpose in terms of quality, quantity and breadth
- Assist with the collation and review of credit risk Key Risk Indicator (KRI) data
- Assist with the preparation of KRI reports
- Deep knowledge and experience of either SME cash flow based lending and financial analysis and/or Real Estate specialist lending knowledge, primarily residential property development but also investment and commercial property too
- Strong knowledge of credit risk models associated with the analysis of SME clients
- Specialist or general SME sector and credit risk assessment/analysis techniques
- Experienced in relation to analysis of Leveraged, Management Buy-out/Buy-in type transactions, general SME UK sector loans and/or deep knowledge of Real Estate lending including the risks of development lending and monitoring and knowledge of what can go wrong/how to mitigate
- Deep knowledge of corporate structuring and covenant setting
- Knowledge of wider risks associated with full SME product lifecycle, including origination, optimisation, collections and recoveries
- Able to relate well to the front office/customers
- Experience of risk and control techniques, as applied to SME credit processes, including both the theory and application in practice
- Experience of dealing with clients in problem/recoveries situations
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.