The next generation computing platform will be the car. With data from in-car sensors, a mobile internet connected car, increased computing power, and new user interfaces it will change/improve our lives. After home and work, the car for most is where we spend the most time.
NextEV is much more than a car company. Yes, we are developing electric cars that will help reduce pollution and mitigate global warming, but an additional major goal is to redefine the entire user experience and deliver enjoyment beyond expectation. Data Science will play a critical role in achieving the this by using data combined with math/statistics to develop algorithms for both personalization and logistics. The team is currently small, so you will have the opportunity to not only execute on the data science vision, but to help define the data science vision.
This position reports to VP, Data Science.
· Build a world class data science team
· Translate unstructured business problems into abstract mathematical frameworks.
· Make intelligent approximations to the model if required to make it scalable.
· Utilize commonly used computing and database environments to get the data that you need and implement a working prototype of the formulated model.
· Learn and apply new methodologies in the intersection of applied math / probability / statistics / machine learning / computer science.
· MS/PhD. degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Physics, EE, CS or equivalent/related degree.
· 8+ years of relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging data to drive significant business impact.
· 3+ years leading/managing a high impact and agile data science team.
· Expertise in predictive analytics/statistical modelling/machine learning algorithms.
· Must have knowledge/experience in some/all of the following: Multivariate Regression, Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines, Bagging, Boosting, Decision Trees, Clustering Algorithms, Optimization, and Stochastic Processes.
· Impactful presentation skills, including the use of meaningful charts, graphs, or other data visualizations to convey information and results clearly and concisely.
· High-energy self-starter with a passion for your work, attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at NextEV.