Launched in September 2015, OakNorth Bank provides fast, flexible and accessible debt finance (from £500k to £45m) to fast-growth businesses.
Through leveraging the ON Credit Intelligence Software, OakNorth Bank has become the fastest-growing business in Europe according to the Financial Times (FT 1000), and has performance metrics that place it amongst the top 1% of banks globally. OakNorth Bank has lent several billion pounds to hundreds of businesses across the UK thereby creating tens of thousands of new homes and jobs across the country. Its commercial lending arm is supported by its deposits franchise, offering a range of Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) protected products to savers at all stages of life and to businesses at all stages of growth.
OakNorth Holdings (the group which includes OakNorth Bank plc and the various OakNorth software entities around the world) has raised over $1bn from leading investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, NIBC, SMBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
- Originate, structure, execute transactions that meet the lending requirements of OakNorth
- Manage and further develop existing customer relationships, along with identifying new relationships and opportunities in the market
- Build the profile of Bank in the external market with, for example SMEs, KBIs, Advisors and Private Equity firms
- Assess appropriate organic and inorganic growth opportunities for OakNorth Bank in the market
- Spread financial accounts and financial modelling
- Analyse financial accounts and manage information and prepare credit memorandums
- Analyse financial models including forecasted cash flows and sensitivities to assess debt capacity and repayment
- Ensure transaction are documented in accordance with credit approved terms and credit sanctions
- Meet team and individual targets including profit, credit quality, new customers, retention and customer satisfaction
- Have an overview of ongoing relationship management and client experience
- Drive innovation in the product proposition to improve customer experience levels whilst maintaining asset quality
- Ensure high level of customer experience at all times
- Meet team and individual targets set by OakNorth ExCo, CEO and the Board
- Structure transactions appropriately, and prove full credit reports to sanctioning authority
- Report of all aspects of origination to Head of Business Development in a timely manner
- Maintain close relationships with customers and reporting to Credit in line with policy, in a timely manner
- Act in accordance with OakNorth Bank’s values at all times
- A background in front office and risk within SME Commercial Banking or Leveraged Finance
- In depth understanding of SMEs or Leveraged Finance banking environments
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills
- Good understanding of business processes, strategy and credit policies
- Strong credit, financial analysis and modelling skills, including the ability to write good quality, structured credit papers
- Experience in the analysis of senior, stretched senior and mezzanine cashflow unsecured transactions
- Legal documentation skills
- Experience in presenting credit case internally to a credit committee
- Strong problem solving ability
- Degree in Finance/Commerce or equivalent
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.